Union Public Service Commission will release the NDA admit card 2020 on its official website (upsconline.nic.in) in August 2020. As per the earlier schedule, NDA I admit card was slated to release on April 19, 2020. But in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak, UPSC decided to merge NDA (I) and NDA (II) exams. The combined NDA exam is scheduled to be held on September 6, 2020.
UPSC is yet to announce the issuance date for the NDA 2020 admit card. However, candidates can expect the availability of admit cards two-three weeks prior to the exam. The conducting authority will release the NDA hall ticket 2020 through online mode only. Hence, test-takers must be aware of the admit card downloading process.
The admit card of NDA carries crucial information such as exam timing, exam centre/venue details, roll number and personal details of the examinees, etc. Candidates must carry any of their valid ID proofs and 2-3 passport size photographs along with the admit card to ensure a smooth entry at their allotted NDA exam centres. Read this article to get acquainted with the vital information about NDA 2020 admit card.
NDA Admit Card – Important Dates
The table given below states the schedule for NDA I and II admit card 2020:
Schedule for NDA admit card 2020
|Schedule for NDA I
|Schedule for NDA II
|Last date to submit NDA application form
|January 28, 2020
|June 30, 2020
|Issuance of NDA admit card 2020
|August 2020 (exact date to be announced)
|August 2020 (exact date to be announced)
|NDA I and NDA II exam
|September 06, 2020
|September 06, 2020
NDA Admit Card – Things to Remember
Candidates must remember the below-mentioned points while downloading NDA hall ticket:
- Using desktop/laptop rather than mobile phones is highly recommended to avoid any technical glitch
- In case of any technical error, candidates must clear cache and cookies from the browser
- Getting technical turbulence is a common problem. However, if the system blocks applicants from further processing due to multiple downloading attempts of NDA admit card 2020, candidates must connect with the concerned authority on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to download NDA admit card 2020?
NDA 2020 admit card shall be made available on the website of UPSC. The below given steps will help the candidates download the hall ticket without any hassle:
Step 1: Visit the official web portal of UPSC, i.e. upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Tap on the given link for ‘NDA admit card’
Step 3:. Select the admit card link for NDA I or NDA II
Step 4: Click on the download button on the next page
Step 5: A page mentioning the exam-related instructions appears on the screen. Read the same thoroughly and provide your consent in ‘Yes’
Step 6: Choose any one of the available two options from:
- Login with NDA roll number
- Login with NDA registration ID
Note – Tapping on the NDA registration ID option will ask you to mention date of birth and ID along with security code. On the other hand, clicking on the roll number tab will ask you to enter only your date of birth and roll number.
Step 7: Download the admit card and take at least 2-3 printouts
Details Mentioned on NDA Admit Card 2020
Candidates will find personal and exam-related details in the NDA 2020 admit card. To ensure that there is no discrepancy, it is mandatory for them to check the below given information carefully:
- Name of the examination
- Candidates’ name
- NDA roll number
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Exam centre details (name and address)
- Date and timing of exam
- Passport size photograph
- Important guidelines related to exam
The image given below illustrates the details published on NDA admit card
What if there is a discrepancy in NDA admit card 2020?
Candidates must be vigilant about any discrepancy or error in the NDA 2020 admit card. They should refer to the print out of the application form to check the exact details like name, photograph, mother’s name, father’s name and report to the concerned authority (in case of any mismatch). UPSC suggests the applicants to immediately raise their issue regarding incorrect data in the admit card via email from their registered email ID, else the authority is not accountable for any delay in processing.
While connecting with the concerned authority via email at email@example.com, candidates need to provide below given information to UPSC for its better understanding:
- Name of examination
- Full name of the candidate in block letters
- Registration ID
- Roll number, as given in the admit card
- Communication address, as mentioned in the form
Note- Candidates should not get confused if their name is written in abbreviated form as is not considered as a discrepancy or error. UPSC, in some cases, shortens the name due to space restrictions.
How to retrieve registration ID for NDA admit card?
NDA registration ID is the primary requirement for accessing your NDA admit card. Candidates who forget their registration ID can regenerate it online through below-given process:
- Go to the official web portal of UPSC and tap on the link for NDA admit card 2020
- The page to download NDA 2020 admit card will be displayed
- Click on the option ‘Forgot RID?’ and go to the next page to fill a form
- Provide your name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name in the specified boxes and hit the submit tab
- The system will auto generate the registration ID and send it to your registered contact number and email address.
How to troubleshoot error(s) in downloading the NDA Admit Card?
Candidates can access the NDA 2020 admit card through online mode only. There may be instances when it might be difficult to download the hall ticket through the given link on UPSC website. This occurs due to several reasons like incomplete application form, non-payment of application fee, some technical glitch, connection fault, etc.
As per the guidelines of UPSC, candidates must immediately report the same to the concerned officials on the official email ID i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or helpdesk numbers or through a personal visit. UPSC help desk numbers are 011–23385271, 011–23098543, 011–23381125, Extn 4119, 4120.
It is mandatory for the applicants to get in touch with UPSC at least one week before the exam, else the authority will not be held liable for the loss.
What and what not to carry inside the NDA examination hall?
UPSC prescribes a list of items and documents that the candidates should and should not carry while appearing for the exam. These are given as under:
Items to carry inside the exam centre:
- NDA 2020 admit card (coloured print out is recommended)
- One photo identity proof (Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving License/School Photo Identity Card/Voter ID or other Government ID Card)
- Two passport size photographs (same photos used during NDA application form submission)
- Black pointed ball pen to mark responses in OMR sheet
Restricted items inside the test centre:
- Electronic gadgets like cell phones, smart watches, camera, pen drive, bluetooth, etc. are strictly prohibited inside the examination hall
- The authority restricts the applicants to carry any kind of study material, notes, books, rough paper, etc. at the exam venue
- Moreover, candidates must not use carry pencil or ink pen to mark the answers as it can tear or spoil the OMR sheet
- Any other personal belongings are also restricted as there is no safe place to keep the same at the text centre
NDA Admit Card – Exam Day Instructions
UPSC prescribes some important guidelines for the test takers that they must abide by while appearing for the exam. These are as under:
- Candidates must carry the colored printout of NDA admit card 2020 at the test centre
- One valid photo identity proof along with admit card is mandatory
- Without the admit card, invigilator will not allow any candidate to sit inside the examination hall
- Every test taker must reach the exam venue 30 minutes before the exam time
- Applicants need to bring 2-3 passport size photographs (same copies that were used in application form submission) to avoid any inconvenience due to less visibility of printed photograph on hall ticket
- No candidates are allowed to borrow any stuff from other candidates inside the exam hall
- If any candidate is found involved in illicit activities inside the exam hall, UPSC has the right to disqualify him or her from NDA exam
NDA Admit Card – FAQs
✔️ When will UPSC issue the NDA admit card 2020?
UPSC will release NDA admit card in August 2020. Authority is yet to declare the exact schedule for NDA admit card release.
✔️ What if I forget my admit card at home while appearing for the NDA exam?
Candidates must mandatorily carry the NDA admit card to the test centre, else authority will restrict their entry in the premise of the exam centre.
✔️ What are the banned items inside the NDA examination hall?
All electronic items like mobiles, pagers, smart watches, bluetooth devices, study materials and candidates’ precious belongings are restricted inside the NDA test centre as per directions by UPSC.
✔️ How to fix an error (if it occurs) while downloading the NDA 2020 hall ticket?
Candidates can contact the concerned authority i.e Union Public Service Commision via email at email@example.com or call at UPSC helpline numbers (011–23385271, 011–23098543, 011–23381125, Extn 4119, 4120) to get resolution for issues in downloading the NDA admit card 2020.
✔️ Can I carry the black & white printout of the NDA admit card on exam day?
Though UPSC has not instructed to carry only the colored printout of NDA admit card, it is highly recommended to carry the colored hard copy of NDA hall ticket for better visibility of your photograph and other details.