New Delhi, 22 April 2022 – The Indian government has launched the National Career Service (NCS) portal to help job seekers in India find the most optimum job opportunities for them. The portal currently has more than 1 lakh 68 thousand vacancies in the domains of IT, Accounts, Sales, Retail, Construction, among others. With more than 1,86,700 active employers, the NCS portal offers a plethora of opportunities ranging from full time jobs (including work from office and work from home), internships, and apprenticeships.
Table of Contents
- National Career Service (NCS) Portal – Overview
- National Career Service (NCS) – How to Register As a Jobseeker?
- National Career Service (NCS) – How to Apply for Jobs?
- National Career Service (NCS) – How to Find Work from Home Jobs?
- NCS Portal – How to Find International Jobs?
- NCS Job Fairs and Events
- NCS Portal – FAQs
National Career Service (NCS) Portal – Overview
|NCS Portal Launched By||Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India|
|No. of Vacancies||1,68,024 (might increase or decrease as per requirement)|
|No. of Active Employers||1,86,700 (might increase or decrease as per requirement)|
|Types of Jobs Available||Full-time (work from home included), Internships, and Apprenticeships|
National Career Service (NCS) – How to Register As a Jobseeker?
To find and apply for the jobs that interest you, please follow the steps given below:
- Visit the home page of the official NCS portal.
- On the home page, find the Jobseeker drop down menu on the top bar.
- Click on the Register button in the drop-down menu.
- Select “Register As Jobseeker”.
- Select your UID type from the drop-down list (UAN number, PAN card, others).
- Provide the UID details as asked and proceed with the registration.
Once completed, you are now ready to apply for the jobs you prefer.
National Career Service (NCS) – How to Apply for Jobs?
To apply for jobs, please visit the Jobseeker page of the NCS portal by clicking on the Jobseeker tab on the top bar.
Once there, you will find a search box that will help you filter for the opportunities that excite you.
- Enter Keyword – Use keywords relevant to the job you want.
- Select Location – Select either the All India location or a particular city.
- Choose Expected Salary – Choose an amount you find to be appropriate. Also, select your expected salary type – daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Click Search – This will bring up the filtered results as per your selection.
Note: Alternatively, you can also choose to apply for a job from the list of openings provided just below the search box. Just browse any opportunity that entices you and click Apply.
National Career Service (NCS) – How to Find Work from Home Jobs?
Since work from jobs are in demand in the current Indian economy, here’s how you can find a WFH opportunity on the portal.
- Please navigate to the WFH page of the portal.
- Then, use the advanced search bar given on the page to find your preferred WFH opportunity.
- Or, apply to a job listing given on the list provided below the box.
NCS Portal – How to Find International Jobs?
The process is the same as followed for normal and work from home jobs (as given in the preceding sections).
- Click on ‘International Jobs’ at the top bar and then click ‘Find International Jobs’.
- On the search box given, select your preferred occupation, region, and country.
- Hit Search.
Or, use the international job listing given below the search bar to find the most optimum international opportunity for you.
NCS Job Fairs and Events
The portal also allows you to partake in several job fairs and events. These are conducted both online and at different locations around the country. Aspirants can apply to participate in these events by becoming a member of the NCS portal.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the events lined up for the next few days:
NCS Portal – FAQs
I am already registered in the employment exchange. Do I need to register again?
Yes, you need to register on the NCS portal separately, however, you can use your existing employment exchange registration number while registering on the portal.
What is the criteria for registering on NCS Portal?
Anyone can seek services provided in the NCS portal. You only need to be 14 years or above. There is no minimum qualification for registration.
What are the basic details required for registration?
One must provide basic details such as name, date of birth, qualifications, email id, phone number, along with any one of the following unique identification documents - Aadhaar, PAN Card, Voters ID, Driver’s License, Passport, or UAN number.
I am facing errors while trying to fill the registration form. Whom do I contact?
You may contact NCS using the toll free helpline at 1800-425-1514 (Tuesday to Sunday - 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM).