New Delhi, 30 December 2021 – The Malappuram Municipality in Kerala has launched a unique programme called “Mission 1000” to help 1000 students in their higher education. The programme is based around helping students prepare for and secure admission in national universities and institutes for higher studies.
As per the programme, 1000 students from the municipal area of Malappuram (Kerala) are being helped to find admission in premier institutions like the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Indian Institutes of Design, National Institutes of Technology (NIT), University of Delhi (DU), Indian Council for Agricultural Research, and other Central universities.
Inaugurating the programme, ET Mohammed Basheer, Member of Parliament (Ponnani Parliament Constituency, Kerala), noted that “a leadership with imagination in governance would give new insights to the young generation. This year, as many as 45 students from the municipality secured admission in different universities in Delhi.”
The District Collector of Malappuram, V.R. Premkumar, also lauded the municipal authorities for taking up the challenge and raising the bar in higher education by helping students find admissions in their dream universities around India.
Malappuram Municipality ‘Mission 1000’ Programme – Major Points
- “Mission 1000” aims to provide proper orientation to students from the municipality of Malappuram to help them pursue high-quality education from premier colleges around the country.
- Students are motivated to set goals like continuing studies at premier institutions and are given proper know-how to go about achieving their goals.
- The municipality helps students process application forms at the time of admissions.
- Officers from the municipal authority take aspiring students to top colleges and universities in the country and show them around the campuses.
- Coaching is provided to students for entrance examinations for AIIMS, IIT, DU, and others.
Note: Malappuram is the first civic body to have taken up such a unique project in the country and is being lauded by the state government for this endeavour.