New Delhi, 13 July 2022 – The JEE Main result 2022 for Session 1 was released by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on July 11, 2022. This year, a total of 14 students have scored 300 out of 300 marks (perfect score, i.e, 100 percentile) in the national-level engineering entrance examination. Out of the toppers, 13 students are boys and 1 JEE Main topper is a girl.
Telangana is the state with the maximum number of JEE toppers with 4 students who have scored 100 percentile. The only girl topper in the list – Sneha Pareek – belongs to the north eastern state of Assam.
This article will detail some of the JEE toppers’ stories and share some facts about the JEE Main 2022 exam.
Table of Contents
- JEE Main Result 2022 – Overview
- JEE Main Result 2022 – Important Points to Note
- JEE Main Result 2022 – Topper Stories
JEE Main Result 2022 – Overview
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|JEE Main Session 1 Exam Date||June 23 to June 29, 2022|
|JEE Main Result for Session 1 Released On||11 July 2022|
|Total No. of Perfect Scorers (with 100 Percentiles)||14|
|JEE Main Session 2 Exam Date||July 21 to July 30, 2022|
JEE Main Result 2022 – Important Points to Note
- A total of 8.7 lakh aspirants registered for JEE Main 2022.
- Out of these, 7.69 lakh appeared for the test.
- The examination was conducted at 588 examination centres in 407 cities, including 17 cities outside India.
- At these examination centres, a total of 550 observers, 424 city coordinators, 18 regional coordinators, 369 deputy & independent observers, and two national coordinators were deployed to ensure a fair examination.
- JEE Main was conducted in 13 languages – Gujarati, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, English, Kannada, Odia, Punjabi, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- NTA scores were calculated across multiple papers and are based on the relative performance of candidates who appeared for the examination in one session.
- After both sessions (June and July 2022) of the JEE Main 2022 exam are completed, the ranks of candidates will be released.
- The rank will be calculated based on the best of the two scores of the candidates in the two sessions of June and July.
- However, if the candidate chooses to appear for either of the two sessions, then the rank will be calculated based on the marks scored in that particular session.
JEE Main Result 2022 – Topper Stories
Here is a list of the 14 JEE Main toppers, their gender, and respective states.
|Jasti Yashwanth VVS, Rupesh Biyani, Aniket Chattopadhyay, and Dheeraj Kurukunda||Male||Telangana|
|Koyayana Suhas, Penikalpati Ravi Kishore, and Polisetty Karthikeya||Male||Andhra Pradesh|
|Boya Harsen Sathvik||Male||Karnataka|
|Saumitra Garg||Male||Uttar Pradesh|
Note: All of these students scored 100 percentile (300/300 marks) in JEE Main exam 2022.
JEE Main 2022 Topper – Sneha Pareek
Sneha Pareek is the only girl candidate among the 14 students who scored a 100 percentile in JEE Main 2022. She belongs to Guwahati, Assam.
Sneha says that she stayed away from social media platforms and other recreational activities for the past 2 years and studied for around 12-13 hours daily.
Her preparation strategy revolved around solving as many mock test papers as she could. Sneha has also noted that she will not appear for the JEE Main Session 2 exam and will use the time to prepare well for JEE Advanced. Her strategy for JEE Advanced is still the same as JEE Main – solving as many mock test papers as she can.
JEE Main 2022 Topper – Mrinal Garg
Mrinal Garg is another JEE Main 2022 topper who scored a 100 percentile. He belongs to Bhatinda ( Punjab) and loves playing cricket.
Mrinal’s interest in PCM developed when he was in Class 8. This was also the time when he decided to prepare for JEE Main and set a goal to pursue Computer Science engineering from IIT Mumbai.
Mrinal notes that he studied for 14 hours daily to crack the exam. It was his elder brother – Bhartesh Garg (pursuing an MBBS from AIIMS Jodhpur) – who motivated him towards the science stream.
JEE Main 2022 Topper – Sarthak Maheshwari
Sarthak Maheshwari hails from Gurugram (Haryana) and is one of the 14 toppers who scored 300 out of 300 marks in JEE Main 2022 Session 1. His academic achievements include cracking the KVYPY (entrance exam for IISc), being RMO-qualified, and obtaining the NTSE scholarship.
Sarthak states that he did not study for 10-12 hours a day like other toppers and took a break from time to time. His reason for success – Sarthak claims – is not jumping to solutions. He kept at a question and sometimes it took him 2-3 hours to solve a single question.
Sarthak wants to attempt the JEE Main exam once more to improve his test-taking skills. He is also preparing for JEE Advanced and claims that his revision is going well.
When was the JEE Main exam 2022 for session 1 held?
The JEE Main exam was held from June 23 to June 29, 2022.
When will the JEE Main exam be held for session 2?
The exam will be held from July 21 to July 30, 2022.
How many students scored a 100 percentile in the JEE Main 2022 exam?
A total of 14 students scored perfect marks (100 percentile) in the exam.