New Delhi, 8 March 2021 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to release the Joint Entrance Examination or JEE Main 2021 result for the February session today. A total of 6.52 lakh (6,52,627) candidates appeared for the February session of JEE Main 2021, which was held from 23rd February to 26th February 2021.
Candidates will have to visit the official website – https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/ to check the JEE Main result, upon its release. They would require their application number and date of birth/password to download their respective results.
Note – NTA will allow candidates to download their respective JEE Main scorecards till 90 days from the result declaration date.
Table of Contents
JEE Main Result 2021 – Important Dates
|JEE Main 2021 Exam Date (February Session)||23rd, 24th, 25th, and 26th February 2021|
|Declaration of JEE Main result 2021||8th March 2021|
|Release of JEE Main scorecard 2021||8th March 2021|
How to Download JEE Main Result 2021 Online?
Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps to download the JEE Main result 2021:
1. Visit the official NTA JEE website – www.jeemain.nta.nic.in
2. Click on the ‘View JEE Main 2021 result’ link present on the homepage
3. When the page is redirected to the Login page, enter your JEE Main application form number and date of birth/password
4. The JEE Main result will be displayed on the screen
5. Download the result copy and take at least 2 printouts for future use and reference
How to Download JEE Main result 2021 on Mobile Phone?
Apart from a computer, candidates can also access and download their JEE Main result 2021 on smartphones as well.
- Open any of the available internet browser present in the smartphone
- Type www.jeemain.nta.nic.in in the address bar
- Click on JEE Main result 2021 link present at the lower section on the homepage
- A login window will appear on the screen
- Enter the credentials (application number and password)
- Click on login
- The JEE Main result for February 2021 exam session will be displayed on the mobile screen
JEE Main Scorecard 2021
The JEE Main scorecard is released individually for each student. Candidates of BTech, BArch, and B. Planning will be able to get hold of their scorecards by logging into the official JEE Main portal. All they would need is their application number and roll number.
Furthermore, candidates must keep their JEE Main admit cards nearby while checking the JEE Mains 2021 result today.
Details Mentioned in the JEE Main Scorecard 2021
Several important details are mentioned in the JEE Main result 2021, such as:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s parents’ name
- Application number
- Roll number
- Subject-wise NTA scores
JEE Main Result 2021 (Feb) – Percentage and Percentile Score
To procure the appropriate percentile score and percentage from the JEE Main result 2021, candidates need to follow the below formula:
- JEE Main Percentage = (100 x Marks obtained by a candidate) / Total marks
- JEE Main Percentile score = (100 x Number of candidates in the session with aggregate marks less than that obtained by the candidate) / Total number of candidates who appeared in that session
JEE Main Final Answer Key 2021 Released
Initially, NTA stated that the result for the first session of JEE Main would be declared by 7th March 2021. However, last night, NTA released only the JEE Main answer key 2021 for the February session. As the JEE Main exam was held in several shifts, the answer key was released separately for each of the shifts.
Based on the objections raised by candidates, NTA had dropped a few questions in the final answer key. Those questions will not be considered for the evaluation of the JEE Main 2021 February exam. Candidates can find the dropped question IDs in the table below:
|JEE Main Date and Shift||Dropped question IDs, on which Objections were raised by Candidates and Proven True|
|24th February – Shift 2||Question ID 70819117486||Question ID 70819117489|
|25th February – Shift 2||Question ID 70819118756||–|
|26th February – Shift 1||Question ID 70819120206||Question ID 70819120276|
Only after the completion of the May session of JEE Main 2021 exam, the final result will be announced. If a candidate appears in all 4 sessions (February, March, April, and May) of the JEE Main exam 2021, NTA will consider only the best scores out of the 4 exams. Besides, the final All India Ranks (AIR) will also be declared after the May session.
Based on JEE Main result, candidates will be offered admission to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Information Technology (IIITs), and other Government Funded Technical Institutions (GFTIs).