New Delhi, 8 August 2022 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the JEE Main result 2022 for the July session today on August 8. Candidates can download their JEE Main scorecard at the official website by using their login credentials – date of birth and application number.
- The JEE Main July session exam was conducted from July 25 to July 30 in two shifts.
- Over 6 lakh candidates appeared for the exam.
- Candidates who cleared the JEE Main 2022 exam can now apply for JEE Advanced 2022
Meanwhile, JEE aspirants are unhappy with the results and are demanding a third attempt this year. Several students claim that there were technical faults in the exams along with improper gaps between the two attempts (the exam was conducted back to back in June and July, respectively). This caused them to perform poorly in the exam, and now, they will have to wait for another year to re-appear. Thus, they are demanding the NTA for one more JEE Main attempt in 2022.
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination Main 2022 (JEE Main 2022)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Date||July 25 to July 30, 2022|
|No. of Candidates||More than 6,00,000|
|JEE Main Result Date||August 8, 2022|
Table of Contents
How to Download JEE Main Result 2022?
To download JEE Main result 2022, candidates need to follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official JEE Main websites – jeemain.nta.nic.in or nta.ac.in
- Click on the JEE Main 2022 result link
- On the window that appears, kindly enter credentials including date of birth and application number
- Submit the credentials
- A new window will open with the JEE Main result 2022
- Download the result and take a print out for future reference
Note: Candidates who clear the JEE Main 2022 exam successfully can appear for the JEE Advanced 2022 exam.
For more details about how and where to apply for JEE Advanced – CLICK HERE
What is the Tie Breaking Policy for JEE Main Result 2022?
To avoid two candidates getting the same rank, NTA has come up with the following tie-breaking policy for JEE Main result, which will decide which candidate gets a higher rank based on:
- Candidate’s score in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry (in the given order), followed by
- Candidate with less proportion of incorrect answers in all the subjects, followed by
- Candidate with less proportion of incorrect answers in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (in that order), followed by
- Candidates who are older in age
Note: In case two students still have identical scores after going through all the criteria listed above, then the student who applied for JEE Main 2022 exam first will get the higher rank.
When was the JEE Main result for the July session declared?
The JEE Main result for the July session was declared on 8 August 2022.
How to check JEE Main result 2022 for session 2?
Candidates can do so by visiting the official websites - jeemain.nta.nic.in or nta.ac.in - and then logging in with their application number and date of birth.
What details will be mentioned in the JEE Main 2022 result?
The JEE Main 2022 result will include the following details - candidate's name, roll number, date of birth, parent's name, category, nationality, marks secured in each subject, total marks obtained, the candidate’s All India Rank (AIR), candidate’s category rank, and the cut off for JEE Advanced.