As the date of the first round of JEE Main 2021 is about to begin this month, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has published some exam day guidelines that candidates need to compulsorily abide by. Besides the general guidelines, there are a few other important instructions that have been released to ensure social distancing and lower the candidates’ risk of getting infected from COVID-19.
Recently, NTA has released the JEE Main 2021 admit cards (11th February 2021) on its official website, www.jeemain.nta.nic.in. In addition to all the important information related to JEE Main 2021, the admit card will hold other informatory leaflets as well.
Table of Contents
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2021 – NTA’s Official Exam Day Guidelines
- JEE Main 2021 – Dress Code
- JEE Main 2021 – Items That Are Allowed and Not Allowed
- JEE Main 2021 – Valid Identification (ID) Proof
- JEE Main 2021 – Mandatory COVID-19 Guidelines
- JEE Helpline Contact
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
This year, the JEE Main 2021 admit card is 3 pages long instead of the regular 1 page.
- The 1st page has a self-declaration form for the candidates
- The 2nd page comprises important instructions and guidelines related to the examination
- The 3rd page has advisory and precautionary details for candidates regarding COVID-19
All the candidates appearing for the JEE Main 2021 exam will have to download these 3 pages and strictly follow the NTA issued guidelines at the examination centre.
JEE Main 2021 – NTA’s Official Exam Day Guidelines
Candidates must follow the online test instructions and guidelines set by NTA. The test instructions will help the candidates to attempt the computer-based exam without any last-minute hassles. Given below is a list of online test instructions set for JEE Main 2021 that candidates need to abide by:
- Candidates must reach the JEE Main exam centre at the time indicated as reporting/entry time in the admit card.
- Candidates must carry a physical copy of their respective JEE Main 2021 admit cards at the examination centre or they will be denied entry. Only after the verification of the admit cards will the test centre officials allow the candidate to sit for the examination.
- Admit cards must be in good condition. Dismantled, disfigured, or mutilated admit cards compromising the details of the candidate will not be accepted.
- The JEE Main admit card is provisional, subject to satisfying the eligibility conditions, as given in the prospectus/information bulletin.
- Duplicate JEE Main 2021 admit cards would not be issued at the examination centres if the original admit card is torn or lost by a candidate.
- Candidates are advised to verify the location of the exam venue a day in advance so that they can arrive at the exam centre at the allotted time.
- Candidates have to complete the self-declaration form that comes with the JEE Main admit card 2021 in legible handwriting, paste the photograph (the same used at the time of registration) and put a thumb impression at the appropriate place on the admit card.
- A seat with roll number will be allotted to each candidate. They should find and sit on their allocated seats only.
- The scribe must also bring his/her own self-declaration regarding educational qualification, etc., passport size photograph, valid government identity and self-declaration (undertaking) regarding COVID-19 (as per above format).
- Candidates must bring PwD certificate issued by the competent authority if they are claiming relaxation under the PwD category.
- Blank paper sheets for rough work will be provided in the examination hall/room. Candidates must write their name and roll number at the top of each of the sheet(s) and drop the sheet/s in the designated drop box before leaving the examination hall/room without fail. Failure to do so may result in non-evaluation of your answers.
- No baggage is allowed inside the examination hall.
- No candidate should indulge in any unfair examination practices or adopt any unfair means. All the examination centres will be under surveillance of CCTV and equipped with Jammers.
- After the completion of the JEE Main examination, candidates must drop the duly filled admit card in the designated drop box while leaving the examination hall/room.
JEE Main 2021 – Dress Code
- Garments with large buttons are not permitted.
- If religion/customs requires candidates to wear specific attire (hijab or turban), they must visit the centre early for thorough checking and mandatory frisking.
- They must not cover their heads with cap, dupatta, etc. unless it is a customary dress for which they have prior permission.
- Candidates who wear Kara or Kirpan due to religious reasons have to report to the exam centre an hour before the allocated time and inform the exam officials.
- Shoes/footwear with thick soles and garments with large buttons are not permitted.
JEE Main 2021 – Items That Are Allowed and Not Allowed
There are several items that candidates are allowed and not allowed to carry in the examination hall.
Items Allowed Inside JEE Main Exam Centre
Candidates are advised to bring the following documents to the examination hall. Without these documents, candidates won’t be allowed to enter the examination venue.
- A hard copy of Admit Card
- Valid ID proof (highlighted above)
- Blue/black transparent body ballpoint pen
Diabetic candidates are allowed to carry eatables and water. They can carry fruits or glucose tablets only in addition to a transparent water bottle.
For Drawing Test — Part Ill of B.Arch. – The candidate must bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons. The candidates are not allowed to use watercolour on the drawing sheet.
Items Not Allowed Inside JEE Main Exam Centre
- Mobile phones/pagers
- Geometry/pencil box
- Writing pad, pen drives, log table
- Any extra papers
- Electronic pen/scanner
- Slide rulers and log tables
JEE Main 2021 – Valid Identification (ID) Proof
Candidates must carry any one of the valid and original photo identification proof issued by the government. It can be any one of these documents –
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card (with the photograph)
- Aadhaar Enrolment Number with photo
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving Licence
JEE Main 2021 – Mandatory COVID-19 Guidelines
Candidates must check out these general COVID-19 related guidelines and follow them at all the JEE Main exam centres:
- Social distancing would be maintained strictly at the exam centres. Candidates have to maintain at least 6 feet or 2-metre distance from other candidates.
- All candidates will be checked for temperature with thermo guns at the entry point.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card, a valid ID proof, and proper frisking. Candidates can rest assured that frisking will be undertaken through a handheld metal detector (HHMD) and will be carried out without physical touch.
- A significant gap has to be present between two seats inside the exam hall.
- Besides the admit card and photo ID card, gloves, a personal transparent water bottle, personal hand sanitiser (50 ml), and a simple transparent ballpoint pen will also be allowed in the exam hall.
- Candidates must wait for instructions from the invigilator after completing their examination. They get up from your seat until advised.
JEE Helpline Contact
In case of any discrepancy or error in the admit card like spelling mistake of name or mistake in gender identification, candidates can write to NTA at email@example.com or call the helpline number 0120-6895200.