The National Testing Agency (NTA) released the JEE Main admit card 2021 (for February session) on 11th February 2021. The first session of JEE Main 2021 exam is scheduled to be conducted from 23rd February to 26th February 2021.
Candidates who have registered themselves for the upcoming JEE Main exam can download their respective admit cards from the official NTA JEE portal – www.jeemain.nic.in using their JEE Main 2021 application number and Date of Birth (password). The admit card of JEE Main features important details like exam venue, application number, and candidate details.
It is compulsory to carry the JEE Main admit card on the day of the exam to gain entry inside the exam hall. Along with the admit card, candidates must carry a valid photo ID, COVID-19 Self Declaration (Undertaking) form, sanitiser, gloves and mask to the examination hall.
It is crucial to know that ONLY those candidates who have completed the registration process for the JEE Main February session will be able to access the admit cards for the exam.
The JEE Main 2021 exam will be conducted in two shifts – forenoon and afternoon.
- The morning shift of the exam will commence from 9:00 AM and continue till 12 noon
- The afternoon shift will start from 3:00 PM and continue till 6:00 PM
As the exam is being conducted amidst the later phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, the governing body of the exam would be taking appropriate measures for the candidates’ safety.
Candidates must read this article to keep an eye on all the latest updates related to JEE Main admit card 2021.
Explore Scholarships for Class 12 Passed Students
Table of Contents
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Highlights
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Important Dates
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Step-by-Step Downloading Procedure
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Self Declaration Undertaking
- JEE Main 2021 – Guidelines for Exam Day
- JEE Main 2021 – Mandatory COVID-19 Guidelines
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – FAQs
- When will the JEE Main admit card be released for the February session 2021?
- Can I get my JEE Main admit card 2021 through the post as well?
- What are the documents I must carry along with the admit card on the JEE Main exam day?
- Whom should I contact in case of any discrepancy in my JEE Main admit card 2021?
- What details are required to download the JEE Main admit card 2021?
JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Highlights
- Candidates applying for JEE Main exam 2021 will be sent notifications regarding the JEE Main admit card on their registered contact numbers.
- NTA will not send postal admit cards/call letters to candidates.
- Candidates must keep checking the official NTA JEE website for regular updates.
- NTA will not bear responsibility if any candidate/s does not receive any important notification via email or SMS.
- Separate JEE Main admit cards will be issued for all 4 sessions (February, March, April, and May) of JEE Main exam.
- The application number and roll number of the candidate must be mentioned clearly on the admit card.
- No candidates will be allowed to sit for the JEE Main exam 2021 if they fail to produce the admit card on the day of the exam.
Candidates must pay attention to the below-mentioned details related to JEE Main admit card 2021:
JEE Main Admit Card Highlights
|Name of Examination||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2021|
|Exam Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|JEE Main Official Website||https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/|
|Exam frequency||Four times a year|
|JEE Main Exam Date||JEE Main 2021 exam dates (Session 1) – 23rd February to 26th February 2021
JEE Main 2021 exam dates (Session 2) – 15th March to 18th March 2021
JEE Main 2021 exam dates (Session 3) – 27th April to 30th April 2021
JEE Main 2021 exam dates (Session 4) – 24th May to 28th May 2021
|Mode of Exam||Online (computer-based test)|
|Credentials required to download JEE Main Admit Card||JEE Main 2021 application number
Date of Birth
|Compulsory documents to carry on exam day||JEE Main Admit Card
Valid original photo ID (like Aadhaar, Voter ID, Passport, PAN Card/ Driving License/ Ration Card/ School Identity Card)
COVID-19 Self Declaration (Undertaking) form
|JEE Main Papers||Paper 1 – BE/BTech
Paper 2A – BArch
Paper 2B – BPlan
|Duration of JEE Main Exam||3 hours or 180 minutes (4 hours for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities)|
|Number of questions||BE/BTech – 90 MCQs (Candidates need to answer just 75 questions)
BArch – Online and Offline (Drawing Test) – 82 questions
BPlan – 105 MCQs
|Maximum Marks||BE/BTech – 300 marks
BArch – 400 marks
BPlan – 400 marks
|Marking System||JEE Main – 4 marks per correct answer
B. Arch paper – 2 questions of 50 marks each
|Negative Marking||For MCQs: (-1) mark per incorrect answer
For Non-MCQs: No negative marking
JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Important Dates
The JEE Main admit card 2021 is an important document without which no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall. Candidates should note that the JEE Main admit card 2021 will not be sent by post. The admit cards will be made available only in online mode and candidates can download them from the official exam portal. Candidates will have to download all the additional leaflets attached with the admit card.
JEE Main Exam Dates 2021 (February)
|February Exam Events (2021)||Exam Dates|
|Application form availability||16th December 2020|
|Last date to apply for JEE Main 2021||23rd January 2021 (extended date)|
|Deadline for Registration for test practice centres||23rd January 2021 (extended date)|
|Deadline for Payment of application fee||24th January 2021 (extended date)|
|Application form correction window (including Image correction)||27th January 2021 to 30th January 2021|
|Issuance of admit card||11th February 2021|
|JEE Mains 2021 exam dates||23rd February to 26th February 2021|
|Release of response sheet and question paper||February 2021 (Exact date yet to be released)|
|Answer key release date||Exact date yet to be released|
|Declaration of result for February session||Exact date yet to be released|
|Downloading of Scorecard||Exact date yet to be released|
JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Step-by-Step Downloading Procedure
For all sessions of the JEE Main exam, the admit cards will be issued online. Candidates would be able to download the admit cards by visiting the official NTA JEE website – www.jeemain.nic.in Candidates who have met the JEE Main 2021 eligibility criteria, completed the application procedure, and paid the JEE Main application fees, will be able to download their AFCAT admit card.
1. Visit the official website of JEE Main 2021 – www.jeemain.nic.in
2. Click on the tab mentioning ‘JEE Main Admit Card 2021’.
3. Log in using the provided JEE Main Application Number and Date of Birth
4. Enter the Security Pin (CAPTCHA code)
5. Click on Submit
6. When the admit card appears on the screen, download it and take a printout for future references
JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Self Declaration Undertaking
Just like last year, candidates will have to bring their filled-in self-declaration form along with their JEE Main admit card on the examination day.
1. This self-declaration form is a part of the JEE Main admit card.
2. If the candidates fail to bring their self-declaration form with properly filled-in details, they won’t be allowed to sit for the JEE Main examination.
3. Candidates need to mention the following details on their JEE Main 2021 self-declaration form:
- Left-hand thumb impression and signature of the candidate
- Signature of candidate’s parents
- Clarifying candidate’s status on the symptoms of cough, fever, body ache, breathlessness, or sore throat/runny nose in the last 14 days
- Has the candidate come in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the last 14 days?
- Candidate’s travel history in the last 14 days (before JEE Main exam)
In case any candidate faces difficulty in downloading the JEE Main admit card along with an undertaking, he/she can contact on 0120-6895200 or mail at email@example.com.
Details Mentioned in JEE Main Admit Card 2021
After successfully downloading the JEE Main admit card, candidates must verify all the details which are available on the card.
|Father’s name||State of eligibility|
|Date of birth||Person with disability (if applicable)|
|Paper medium||Date of examination||Signature of the candidate|
|Paper applied for||Shift||Photograph of the candidate|
|Reporting time at the centre||Timing of the test||Signature of parents|
|Gate closing time of centre||Venue of the test (location and address of the centre)|
JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – Correction and Helpline Number
In case of unavailability of JEE Main admit card, discrepancies or issues in the admit card like hazy photograph or signature or wrong date of birth or any mismatch of information or technical glitches, candidates are advised to notify the IAF authority immediately. They can immediately call on the helpline numbers mentioned below:
JEE Main helpline numbers:
- Toll-Free Number – 0120-6895200
- Phone Number – 042399520,7042399521 and 7042399525
- Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Helpline Contact
Note: The helpline facility is operational between 09:30 AM to 05:30 PM
JEE Main 2021 – Guidelines for Exam Day
Candidates must follow the online test instructions and guidelines set by the NTA authority. The test instructions will help the candidates to attempt the computer-based exam without any hassles. Given below is a list of online test instructions set by the National Testing Agency panel that candidates need to abide by:
- The candidate/s must report at the examination centre at least an hour before the allotted exam time.
- Candidates reporting after the reporting time mentioned in the hall ticket, will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- The candidate/s must compulsorily bring the admit card (hard copy) along with the self-declaration undertaking. The test centre officials will verify it and then allow the candidate to sit for the examination.
- Candidates are also required to bring along a valid photo identity (ID of College, Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Voters ID Card).
- Do not bring xeroxed admit cards as the examination authority will scan the admit card through the barcode present in the original admit card.
- Admit cards must be in good condition. Dismantled, disfigured, or mutilated admit cards compromising the details of the candidate will not be accepted.
- Duplicate JEE Main admit cards would not be issued at the examination centres if the original admit card is torn or lost by a candidate.
- PwD certificates issued by the Competent Authority must be presented at the exam centre by the candidates claiming relaxation.
- A seat with roll number will be allotted to each candidate. They should find and sit on their allocated seats only.
- No baggage is allowed inside the examination hall.
Items Allowed Inside JEE Main Exam Centre
Candidates are advised to bring the following documents to the examination hall. Without these documents, candidates won’t be allowed to enter the examination venue.
- A hard copy of Admit Card
- Valid ID proof such as the ID of College, Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, Voters ID Card
- Colored passport size photograph
- Self-declaration Undertaking
Items Not Allowed Inside JEE Main Exam Centre
- Mobile phones/pagers
- Geometry/pencil box
- Writing pad, pen drives, log table
- Any metallic item
- Electronic pen/scanner
- Eatables/water/tea/coffee/cold drinks
- Slide rulers and log tables
JEE Main 2021 – Mandatory COVID-19 Guidelines
Candidates must check out these general COVID-19 related guidelines and follow them at all the JEE Main exam centres:
- Gap between 2 seats will be maintained as per GOI guidelines
- Social distancing would be maintained strictly at the exam centres. Candidates have to maintain at least 6 feet or 2-metre distance from other candidates.
- All candidates will be checked for temperature with thermo guns at the entry point.
- Queue Manager/ropes and floor marks will be arranged outside the centre. Follow the instructions provided by centre staff.
- To stop chances of any UFM being used in the examination, the candidate is expected to wear the freshly provided mask at the centre. The candidate will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before entry. Exam authority will ensure that the monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk, chair, etc., are thoroughly sanitised.
- Besides the admit card and photo ID card, gloves, a personal transparent water bottle, personal hand sanitizer (50 ml), and a pen will also be allowed in the exam hall.
- Invigilators will distribute rough sheets to candidates wearing gloves.
- To avoid crowding, exam room numbers would not be displayed outside the centre.
- Candidates violating COVID-19 directives/advisories would not be allowed to sit for the exam
- Candidates would be allowed to leave the test centre one at a time to avoid the rush and maintain social distancing.
Explore Scholarships for Graduation Students
JEE Main Admit Card 2021 – FAQs
When will the JEE Main admit card be released for the February session 2021?
The JEE Main admit card 2021 for February session was released on 11th February 2021 on the official NTA JEE website.
Can I get my JEE Main admit card 2021 through the post as well?
No. Candidates can only avail their JEE Main admit cards 2021 through online mode. They must visit the official website of NTA – www.jeemain.nic.in and click on the link mentioning ‘JEE Main Admit Card 2021’. Then, they should log in through credentials like application number, password/date of birth, and download the admit card.
What are the documents I must carry along with the admit card on the JEE Main exam day?
Along with the JEE Main admit card and Self-declaration form, candidates must carry a coloured passport-size photograph (similar to the one attached to the application form), any one of the following identity verification proofs - Voter ID card, Aadhaar card, PAN card, Passport, School ID card or Driving license. Candidates who have applied for the PWD reservation must bring the PWD certificate as well.
Whom should I contact in case of any discrepancy in my JEE Main admit card 2021?
In case of any discrepancy in the JEE Main admit card, candidates must urgently drop a mail on - email@example.com or contact on helpline numbers of JEE Main - 7042399520,7042399521 and 7042399525.
What details are required to download the JEE Main admit card 2021?
Candidates must enter the following credentials to download the JEE Main admit card - Application Number, Password/Date of Birth, and a security pin.