New Delhi, 15 November 2021 – The admission deadline for Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) admissions 2021 has been extended till November 22 for undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the university. Candidates who couldn’t apply for admissions earlier can now apply for the course of their choice. However, this extension is not applicable to certificate, diploma, and PG diploma courses offered by IGNOU and the application window for these is already closed.
Note: Candidates interested in applying can put forth their applications by visiting IGNOU’s official website. To view the list of all the courses that students can apply for, please click here.
How to Apply For IGNOU Admissions 2021?
To apply for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by IGNOU, kindly follow the steps given below:
- Visit IGNOU’s official website and hit “Click Here For New Registration” (if you have already registered, sign in using the form given on the top-right corner of the website).
- Fill in all the details required in the registration form and click on the ‘Register’ tab.
- You will then receive an email from IGNOU containing your login credentials.
- Navigate to the form titled ‘Registered User Login’ on the home page of the official website.
- Enter your username and password, which you received via email.
- Fill up the IGNOU application form by entering all your personal and programme-related details.
- Go through the curriculum of your selected course and choose the mode through which you prefer the study material (digital or printed).
- Upload all required documents like passport-size photograph, digital signature, previous examination mark sheets, and identity card (Aadhar).
- Preview your application form and verify whether the details you have entered are correct.
- Once verified, pay the application fee to complete your application.
- Download your registration form and print it out for future reference.
IGNOU Admissions 2021: Getting Help
IGNOU also released an official notice that mentioned how students can get help in case of any doubt. The notice stated that for any queries students can contact:
- ‘Student Service Centre’ via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (011-29572513, 29572514)
- ‘Student Registration Division’ via email (email@example.com) or phone (011-29571301, 29571528)
- Any of the ‘Regional Centres’ or ‘Study Centres’ of the University