09 November, 2022, New Delhi: The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has opened the application process for the ICSI Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test 2023 (ICSI CSEET 2023). Eligible candidates can apply online for the examination on the official website – smash.icsi.edu – till December 15, 2022.
The CSEET exam will be conducted on January 7, 2023. The CSEET practice test link has also been established by the institute on its website. Candidates can access the same by using their ICSI login credentials.
- The registration fee for the ICSI CSEET exam is INR 1000. However, ICSI also provides concessions to candidates from certain reserved categories.
- The ICSI CSEET exam is conducted four times a year – January, May, July, and November.
Table of Contents
- ICSI CSEET 2023 – Important Dates
- ICSI CSEET 2023 – Exam Pattern
- ICSI CSEET 2023 – Syllabus
- ICSI CSEET 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
- ICSI CSEET 2023 – Registration Fees
- ICSI CSEET 2023 -Documents Required
- ICSI CSEET 2023 – Application Process
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
ICSI CSEET 2023 – Important Dates
Important dates related to the ICSI CSEET 2023 are tabulated as follows:
|Commencement of Registration||October 16, 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||December 15, 2022|
|Mock Test||To be notified|
|Release of Admit Card||To be notified|
|CSEET Exam 2022||January 07, 2023|
|Result Declaration||Fourth Week of January, 2023|
ICSI CSEET 2023 – Exam Pattern
- The ICSI will constitute the CS executive entrance test based on objective-type/multiple choice questions and viva-voce to evaluate candidates’ abilities in oral, written, and listening comprehension.
- Four papers will be included in the CS executive entrance test.
- Each objective-type/multiple-choice question will carry one or two marks and have four possible answers, only one of which is correct.
- The test will last 120 minutes, with a 15-minute viva on presentation and communication skills.
Computer Based Test (CBT)
The test will consist of 120 multiple choice questions and the total time given to complete this test will be 120 minutes.
The details related to the test are tabulated as follows:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||35||50|
|Economic and Business Environment||35||50|
The computer-based test (CBT) will be conducted first, followed by a 15-minute, 30-mark oral presentation and communication skills test (Viva-Voce). At the scheduled testing locations, the viva-voce test will be administered via recorded videos or artificial intelligence (AI).
Note: To get a detailed insight about the exam pattern and syllabus, click here.
ICSI CSEET 2023 – Syllabus
The syllabus for the ICSI CSEET is given as follows:
|Economics and Business Environment||
|Current Affairs||Current Affairs of National and International Importance|
ICSI CSEET 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed Class 12th examination.
- Candidates must have completed graduation and postgraduation with at least 60% marks.
- Graduate and postgraduate candidates are required to clear CSEET exam before applying for the CS executive exam.
ICSI CSEET 2023 – Registration Fees
- Candidates must pay the registration fee in order to fill out the CSEET application form.
- Candidates from various groups are eligible for the deduction of registration fee from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
Before completing the form, candidates must review the fees listed in the table below:
|General and Other Backward Classes (OBC)||1000||NA|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||500||50%|
|Serving /Retired Personnel of Defence Services and
|Students from North Eastern States, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and Himachal Pradesh||500||50%|
|Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) Staff and Wards Spouse of ICSI Staff||250||75%|
|ICLS Officers/Officers and Staff of Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and affiliated offices including, National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO), and Competition Commission of India (CCI)||NA||100%|
|Wards and Widows of Martyrs and Defence Service Personnel with Permanent Disability||NA||100%|
ICSI CSEET 2023 -Documents Required
- Photograph of the applicant
- Signature of the applicant
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Class 10 pass certificate
- Admit card/hall ticket for class 12 examinations
- Class 12 marksheet
- Category certificate
- Identity proof
ICSI CSEET 2023 – Application Process
The step by step online application process of ICSI CSEET exam is given as follows:
- Visit the official website – smash.icsi.edu
- Click on the “CSEET Registration” tab and a link will be opened where the candidate can register himself/herself.
- Fill in the registration form as per the given instructions and verify all the details.
- Upload all the required documents and pay the application fee.
- Finally, submit the CSEET 2023 application form.
- Download and print the application and payment receipt for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the last date to apply for the ICSI CSEET 2023?
Ans. The last date to apply for Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is 15 December, 2022.
2. What is the application fee for ICSI CSEET 2023?
Ans. The online application fee for ICSI CSEET is INR 1000.
3. What is the exam date of ICSI CSEET 2023?
Ans. ICSI CSEET will be conducted online on January 07, 2023.