As the IBPS RRB Prelims exam is around the corner, candidates will soon get to know about their IBPS RRB exam centres through their admit cards. IBPS RRB recruitment exam, being one of the most awaited examinations related to the Indian banking industry, will be conducted in different regions of the country.
According to the IBPS RRB notification 2021, IBPS RRB will be conducted in two phases: Prelims and Mains. IBPS RRB exam centres are mostly in all major cities or district headquarters. However, the exam centres for both the examination stages may not be similar, since the venue allotment depends on the preference of the candidates.
Candidates will hold an upper hand in selecting their examination venue during the IBPS RRB online application. Nevertheless, IBPS reserves the right to allot the candidate any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
In this article, candidates will learn about the various IBPS RRB exam centres. The exact addresses of the venues will be mentioned in the IBPS RRB admit cards.
Table of Contents
- IBPS RRB Exam Centre – Important Points to Remember
- IBPS RRB – Highlights
- IBPS RRB – Important Dates and Events
- IBPS RRB Exam Centre – Prelims
- IBPS RRB Exam Centre – Mains
- IBPS RRB Exam Centre – General Instructions for Online Test
- IBPS RRB Exam Centre – New COVID-19 Guidelines (2021)
- IBPS RRB Exam Centre – FAQS
- Can I choose my desired IBPS RRB exam centre or will I be allotted one?
- From where can I select my preferred IBPS RRB exam centre?
- What if I want to change the IBPS RRB exam centre allotted to me?
- What do I need to bring to the IBPS RRB exam centre on the day of the exam?
- If my exam venue is far from my place, will IBPS give me buffer time?
IBPS RRB Exam Centre – Important Points to Remember
- The details of IBPS RRB exam centres will be mentioned on the admit card.
- IBPS RRB exam centres will be allotted to candidates as per their choices/preferences.
- Candidates should carefully choose the IBPS RRB exam centres. Once selected, they will not be allowed to change the venue after final submission.
- The preferences of exam centres for prelims and mains exams should be filled in IBPS RRB application form separately.
- Candidates won’t be provided any travel cost reimbursement or support.
- IBPS reserves the right to cancel any of the examination centres (from its exam centre list) and/or add some other centres due to administrative reasons.
IBPS RRB – Highlights
It is essential for candidates who have registered and applied for the IBPS RRB exam to know important aspects related to the exam.
IBPS RRB Main Highlights
|Name of Examination||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Officers (Scale-I, II & III) and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) – CRP RRBs X 2021-22)|
|Exam Conducting body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|IBPS RRB Recruitment Official Website||http://www.ibps.in/|
|IBPS RRB Total Vacancies||9698|
|IBPS RRB Exam Date – Prelims||1st August, 7th August, 8th August, 14th August and 21st August 2021|
|IBPS RRB Exam Date – Mains||Online mains & single level examination for Officers Scale I, II and III – 25th September 2021|
Office Assistant/Clerk (Main) – 31st September 2021
|Mode of Exam||Online (computer-based test)|
|Credentials required to download IBPS RRB Admit Card||Registration Number|
Date of Birth or Password
|Compulsory documents to carry on exam day||Admit Card|
Valid Photo ID Proof
Photocopy of Photo ID Proof
|Duration of IBPS RRB Exam – Prelims||45 minutes|
|Duration of IBPS RRB Exam – Mains||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Duration of IBPS RRB Exam – Single level||2 hours (120 minutes)|
IBPS RRB – Important Dates and Events
IBPS has announced a few important events and their dates for the IBPS RRB exam.
IBPS RRB Exam Dates 2021
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|IBPS RRB Official Notification||3rd week of June 2021|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of June 2021|
|Last Date to Submit Fee||2nd week of June 2021|
|IBPS RRB Prelims admit card||July 2021|
|IBPS RRB Prelims Examination Dates||1st August 2021|
7th August 2021
8th August 2021
14th August 2021
21st August 2021
|IBPS RRB Single Exam||25th September 2021 (Officers Scale II & III)|
|IBPS RRB Prelims Result||To be Announced|
|Release of Result (Officers Scale II & III)||To be Announced|
|IBPS RRB Mains Exam||Officer Scale I – 25th September 2021|
Office Assistant – 3rd October
|IBPS RRB Mains Result||To Be Announced|
|Provisional Allotment for IBPS RRB Officers Scale I, II and III & Office Assistant||To Be Announced|
IBPS RRB Exam Centre – Prelims
IBPS RRB exam will be conducted across 26 states. Most IBPS RRB exam centres are present in district headquarters and major cities. To make things easier, IBPS conducted the examination across all the cities in India via online mode.
The exam centre allotted to each candidate will be printed on their respective admit cards. Please note that the candidates cannot make the changes once the preferred centres are submitted by them during the application process.
IBPS RRB Exam Centres (Prelims)
|State||Prelims Exam Centre|
|Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur, Chiral, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Kadapa, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Gurgaon, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Yamuna Nagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Samba, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bokaro|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur(Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, , Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Virudhunagar|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Faizabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bardhhaman, Berhampur, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Greater Kolkata, Siliguri|
IBPS RRB Exam Centre – Mains
IBPS RRB Mains examination will be conducted in cities across 28 states in India.
IBPS RRB Exam Centres (Mains)
|State||Mains Exam Centre|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kurnool, Vijayawada|
|Bihar||Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur|
|Haryana||Ambala, Karnal, Kurukshetra|
|Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Hamirpur, Shimla, Solan|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Bangalore, Belgaum, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Kochi, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai Nagpur, Pune|
|Odisha||Bhubaneshwar, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Jalandhar, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow|
|West Bengal||Greater Kolkata, Siliguri|
IBPS RRB Exam Centre – General Instructions for Online Test
Candidates must follow the online test instructions and guidelines set by the IBPS RRB authority. The test instructions will help the candidates to attempt the computer-based exam without any hassles. Given below is a list of online test instructions set by the IBPS panel:
- The candidate/s must report at the examination centre at least an hour and a half (1.5 hours) before the allotted exam time
- Candidates reporting after the exam commencement will not be allowed to enter the examination hall
- The candidate/s must compulsorily bring the admit card (hard copy). The test centre officials will verify it and then allow the candidate to sit for the examination
- The candidate must show, on-demand, the Admit Card downloaded/printed from the IBPS’s website
- Admit cards must be in good condition. Dismantled, disfigured or mutilated admit cards compromising the details of the candidate will not be accepted
- A seat with Roll Number will be allotted to each candidate. They should find and sit on their allocated seats only
- No baggage is allowed inside the examination hall
- Candidates will be allowed to carry only a photo ID proof and hard copy of admit card inside the examination hall
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry mathematical/log tables, electronic watches, calculator, slide rules, pager, pen, bits of papers and cell phone inside the examination hall
IBPS RRB Exam Centre – New COVID-19 Guidelines (2021)
Candidates must check out these general COVID-19 related guidelines (new normal) and follow them at all the IBPS RRB exam centres:
1. Candidates must wear the mask and gloves at the exam centres.
2. They should carry a bottle of hand sanitizer, transparent water bottle, and pen along with the admit card and original photo ID card.
3. Social distancing would be maintained strictly at the exam centres. Candidates have to maintain at least 6 feet or 2-metre distance from other candidates.
4. All candidates will be checked for temperature with Thermo guns at the entry point.
5. The Arogya Setu App must be installed on the candidate’s mobile phone.
6. After the Aarogya Setu status display at the entry gate, candidates need to switch off their mobile phones and deposit them at the designated location. The same has to be collected while exiting.
7. In case a candidate does not have a smartphone, he or she needs to bring signed declaration:
8. If any candidates have a temperature above normal (> 99.14° F) or display any symptoms of the COVID-19, their entry will be prohibited at the exam centres.
9. Exam authority will ensure that monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk, chair, etc. are thoroughly sanitised.
10. A significant gap has to be present between two seats inside the exam hall.
11. In case any of the responses in declaration suggest COVID 19 infection/symptoms, the candidate will not be permitted in the exam centre.
12. Invigilators will distribute rough sheets to candidates wearing gloves.
13. To avoid crowding, exam room numbers would not be displayed outside the centre.
14. Candidates violating COVID-19 directives/advisories would not be allowed to sit for the exam
15. Candidates would be allowed to leave the test centre one at a time to avoid the rush and maintain social distancing.
Documents to be Carried at IBPS RRB Exam Centre
Candidates are advised to bring the following documents to the examination hall. Without these documents, candidates won’t be allowed to enter the examination venue.
- A hard copy of Admit Card
- Photo ID proof (Original)
- Xerox copy of ID proof
- 2 passport-sized photographs
Candidates need to carry any one of the below-mentioned photo ID cards to the IBPS RRB exam hall:
- Aadhaar card with a photograph
- Identity card issued by a recognized college
- Employee ID
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
- Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted officer
- Voter’s ID Card
- Bank passbook with photograph
What NOT to carry inside the IBPS RRB Exam Centre?
- Mobile phones/pagers
- Geometry/pencil box
- Writing pad, pen drives, log table
- Any extra papers
- Ornaments like a ring, earrings, nose-pin, chain/necklace, pendants, badge, brooch, etc.
- Electronic pen/scanner
IBPS RRB Exam Centre – FAQS
Can I choose my desired IBPS RRB exam centre or will I be allotted one?
Candidates will have the facility to choose their preferred IBPS RRB exam centre nearest to their address from the published list of exam centres. However, IBPS can allot any exam centre to the candidates other than the one he/she has opted for. They also have the right to cancel any IBPS RRB exam centre and/or add more exam centres depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
From where can I select my preferred IBPS RRB exam centre?
Candidates will be able to select the desired exam centres while filling the IBPS RRB application form (https://exam.buddy4study.com/ibps-rrb-application).
What if I want to change the IBPS RRB exam centre allotted to me?
Once the examination centre is allotted to the candidate (mentioned in the IBPS RRB admit card), it cannot be changed.
What do I need to bring to the IBPS RRB exam centre on the day of the exam?
Candidates must bring their IBPS RRB admit cards along with any one of the prescribed photo ID proofs - Aadhar card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Passport, etc. along with a photocopy of the same on the day of the exam.
If my exam venue is far from my place, will IBPS give me buffer time?
No. IBPS strictly follows the set rules. Candidates reporting after the reporting time mentioned in the admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.