New Delhi, 17 March 2022: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur has announced the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2022 result today, i.e, 17 March 2022. Candidates can download the scorecard starting from March 21 from the official website.
- IIT Kharagpur had already released the GATE 2022 answer keys on 21 February 2022.
- Candidates were also allowed to raise objections against the answer keys.
- The GATE 2022 exam was held between February 5 and February 13, 2022.
Table of Contents
GATE 2022 Exam Details: At a Glance
- GATE 2022 exam dates: February 5, 6, 12 and 13, 2022
- Examination conducting authority: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- IIT Kharagpur GATE result date 2022: March 16, 2022
- Official website to check GATE result 2022: gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- Credentials required for GATE 2022 result download: Enrollment ID and password
GATE 2022: Normalization Process
- GATE 2022 had 29 papers in total.
- The exam for some papers was held in a single session and the result is based on the candidate’s actual marks.
- For some papers, the GATE 2022 exam was conducted in multiple sessions wherein normalized marks corresponding to actual marks obtained by a candidate has been considered, and the GATE 2022 score is based primarily on normalized marks.
- The normalized score in GATE 2022 exam is calculated on the basis of candidates’ score out of 1000.
- The total marks obtained out of 1000 is the GATE score of a candidate.
How to Check GATE 2022 Result online?
- Candidates are required to log in to the official GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) portal through the official website.
- They are required to click on ‘Candidate Login’.
- On the next page, they are required to enter their username and password.
- Then, they are required to enter the security captcha/arithmetic expression as displayed on screen and click on the Submit button.
- The GATE 2022 result will be displayed on the screen.
- Lastly, the candidates can verify all the details shown and download the GATE 2022 scorecard for future reference.
GATE 2022: Exam Pattern
- The question paper consisted of objective type comprising three patterns of questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQs)
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
- For every wrong answer marked in an MCQ, negative marks were cut.
- For MSQs and NATs, there was no negative marking for a wrong answer.