DRDO CEPTAM recruitment 2022 – The Defence Research and Development Organization, Center for Personnel Talent Management (DRDO CEPTAM) has released a recruitment notification for the Defence Research Technical Cadre (DRTC).
According to the notice posted on the official website – drdo.gov.in – the DRDO CEPTAM 2022 nationwide exam will be held to select candidates for the Senior Technical Assistant-B and Technician-A positions. The online registration will begin from September 3, 2022. The DRTC 2022 exam dates are yet to be notified.
DRDO CEPTAM Recruitment 2022 – Important Dates
The candidates must submit their applications on the DRDO website within the allotted time frame, which is between September 3 and September 23, 2022. After the submission of applications, the DRTC entry test will be held to select the candidates for the relevant positions.
The applicants are advised to read the tabulated important dates regarding DRDO CEPTAM recruitment 2022:
|Online Application Starting Date||August 03, 2022|
|Last Day for Online Application||August 23, 2022|
|Eligibility Cut-off||August 23, 2022|
|Date of Tier-1 Exam||To Be Announced|
DRDO CEPTAM Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility
a.) DRDO CEPTAM Recruitment 2022 – Age and Qualification-Based Eligibility Criteria
The commission will conduct an open competitive exam to select candidates for the Senior Technical Assistant-B and Technician-A positions. The applicants must be under 30 years of age.
|Senior Technical Assistant-B||Bachelor’s degree in Science or Diploma in Engineering or Technology or Computer Science or allied subjects, recognised by AICTE in the following discipline:
Automobile, Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Electrical, Electronics & Instrumentation, Electronics or Electronics & Comm.
Or, Electronics Telecomm., Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgy Engg., Agriculture, Botany, Chemistry, Library Science, Mathematics, MLT, Photography, Physics, Printing Technology, Psychology, Textile, Zoology.
|Technician-A||10th Class pass or equivalent from a recognised board or institute and certificate of minimum 1 year duration from recognised institution or NTC or NAC in the required discipline in the following trades:
Automobile, Book Binder, Carpenter, CNC Operator, COPA, Draftsman (Mechanical), DTP Operator, Electrician, Electronics, Fitter, Grinder, Machinist, Mechanic (Diesel), MillWright Mechanic, Motor Mechanic Painter, Photographer, Refrigeration & AC, Sheet Metal Worker, Turner, Welder.
b.) DRDO CEPTAM Recruitment 2022 – Nationality-Based Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be either an Indian citizen with good mental & physical health and free from any physical deformity.
- The upper age limit may be relaxed for individuals who fall under the category of Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Weaker Sections (ESM), Persons with Disabilities (PWD), divorced or widow women.
- An applicant seeking OBC reservation or relaxation advantages must make sure that they have a valid caste or community certificate.
Please Note: If the candidate does not meet any of the eligibility criteria, the candidacy shall be canceled without any prior notice.
How to Apply for DRDO CEPTAM recruitment 2022?
The applications must only be submitted online through the DRDO CEPTAM’s official website – drdo.gov.in. While filling the application form, candidates must ensure that they fill every detail correctly, including their academic and personal details.
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for DRDO CEPTAM recruitment 2022 –
Step 1 – Visit the official website’s registration page – drdo.gov.in.
Step 2 – Click on ‘New User’ in the login section to register.
Step 3 – Fill in the following details:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
- Email ID (to be verified through OTP)
- Aadhaar Number
- Information about the board
- Roll Number and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) examination.
- Recent Photograph and Signature in JPEG format.
- Essential Qualification Requirement (EQR) Certificates for the post of Senior Technical Assistant and Technician-A
Step 4 – After successful submission of documents, proceed to make fee payment through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, Visa, Mastercard, RuPay Credit or Debit cards, or other payment methods.
Please note: All women and SC/ST/PwD candidates are exempted from fee payment.
Step 5 – Fill in the captcha code and submit the application form.
DRDO CEPTAM Recruitment 2022 – Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- The DRDO CEPTAM notification specifies that questions will be of objective multiple-choice type in both examinations.
- DRDO will conduct the exam in two tiers, Tier-I and Tier-II.
- A computer-based test (CBT) will be conducted as part of the Tier-I process.
- The Tier-II exam is only for those candidates who successfully pass the Tier-I exam.
In Paper-I and Paper-II, there will be no negative marking for incorrect responses.
All applicants must be familiar with the syllabus and the exam pattern as it is important for the effective preparation for the DRTC 2022 exam.
Below are the pertinent details regarding the syllabus and exam format. Candidates must go through the relevant information to achieve success in the examination.
Exam Pattern of Senior Technical Assistant-B Position
|Type of Exam||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Computer Based Test for Screening||120||120|
|Computer Based Test for Provisional Selection||100||100|
Exam Pattern of Technician-A Position
|Type of Exam||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Computer-Based Test for Provisional Selection||120||120|
Syllabus of DRDO CEPTAM/DRTC Exam 2022
|Quantitative Ability||Analogies, Similarities and Differences, Space Visualisation, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Analysis, Judgement, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Discrimination, Observation, Relationship Concepts, Arithmetic Number Series, Non-verbal Series, Coding and Decoding, Statement Conclusion and Syllogism|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Number Series, Quadratic Equations Average, Percentage, Time & Work, Area, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Speed, Investment, HCF & LCM, Problem on Ages, Bar Graph|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs (National and International), Major Financial / Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Sports, Books and Authors, Awards and Honors, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations, Important Days, International and National Organizations|
|English Language||Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Error, Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Arrangements/ Word Arrangement, and Comprehension|
Please note: To read the eligibility criteria, screening criteria, application fees, rejection criteria and other information, please click here.
DRDO CEPTAM Recruitment 2022 – Salary
- The salary for the positions of Senior Technician Assistant-B ranges from INR 35,400 to 1,12,400.
- The candidates selected for the Technician-A position may receive INR 19,900 to 63,200 per month.
- In addition, they will receive other benefits such as dearness allowance, house rent allowance, transportation allowance, and other advances in accordance with the current regulations of the Government of India.
DRDO CEPTAM Recruitment 2022 – FAQ’s
What is the application fee for DRTC 2022 exam?
The application fee for the DRTC exam is INR 100. Women and reserved candidates are not required to pay a fee.
How many positions are available for DRTC 2022 exam?
There are a total 1901 vacant seats available for Senior Technical Assistant-B and Technician-A posts.
Is there a negative marking rule in DRTC 2022 exam?
No, there is no negative marking for incorrect responses.