New Delhi, 05 September 2022 – Delhi University Paid Internship for Students – The University of Delhi (DU) has decided to provide paid internship opportunities for both undergraduate and postgraduate students for the academic year 2022-23.
The aim of this internship is to provide training on soft and hard skills by combining academic and practical learning. The monthly stipend for regular interns is INR 5,000; while for the summer interns, the stipend is INR 10,000 per month.
The internship programme will be open to all full-time, regular students of Delhi University. The internship will be offered to the students based on the needs of the university’s departments, centers and institutions.
Table of Contents
- Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: What is VCIS?
- Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: How Much Stipend Will be Offered?
- Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: What is the Selection Process?
- Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: How to Apply?
Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: What is VCIS?
The Vice Chancellor Internship Scheme (VCIS) is an initiative of Delhi University to help students broaden their mental skills and facilitate exposure with other institutions. It will pave the way to achieve the objectives of “Samagra Shiksha” (holistic education) enlisted in the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020.
The Vice Chancellor Internship Scheme (VCIS) will offer both regular and summer internships. The summer internship will be available during the summer break for eight weeks, averaging 15 to 20 hours per week. On the other side, regular internships will take place during the academic year and have flexible hours of 8 to 10 hours per week.
- The students can avail the internship scheme only once during a course.
- The maximum internship duration is six months.
Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- All Delhi University undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in any program/stream are eligible to apply for the Summer Internship and Regular Internship programmes.
- A written consent from the Vice Chancellor of the University is required for students to start the internship programs.
Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: How Much Stipend Will be Offered?
- The monthly stipend for regular internships will be INR 5000, while the stipend for summer internships will be INR 10,000.
- The experience certificate will also be provided to the students by the Dean of Students’ Welfare.
- The stipend will be increased by 5% after every financial year.
- The interns who are not completing the requisite period and the assigned work will not be paid any stipend or certificate.
Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: What is the Selection Process?
- A request letter for hiring interns from universities should be sent to the Dean of Students’ Welfare office.
- The Dean of Students’ Welfare office will upload a Google form containing all the information regarding internship description and nature of work.
- The interested candidates may register through the official website – du.ac.in.
- The interview round will be held after the submission of the online application.
Note: The applications will be valid for six months only.
Delhi University Paid Internship for Students: How to Apply?
The candidates have to submit the online application form available on the official website of Delhi University.
To do so, please visit the website and take the given steps:
- Click on the ‘VCIS Internship’ link.
- Enter the areas of interest and three preferences of a specific domain.
- Upload a letter of recommendation (LOR) and no objection certificate (NOC).
- Click on ‘Submit’.
Note: To check the joining letter, no objection letter (NOC), and other related documents of the VCIS Internship Program, please click here .
Q1.What is the maximum period of VCIS Internship?
The maximum duration of internship will not be more than six months.
Q2.What is the application deadline for the VCIS internship?
There is no deadline for internship application. The internship will be available throughout the year based on the requirements of departments.
Q3.What are the documents required to apply for VCIS internship?
The candidates must upload a letter of recommendation (LOR) and no objection certificate (NOC) while applying for the internship.