New Delhi, 22 March 2022: On 21 March 2022, the University Grants Commission (UGC) announced that the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for admission in undergraduate programs in all UGC-funded central universities will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in July 2022 for the academic session 2022-2023.
For the July 2022 exam, the Class 12 board results will not be valid as admissions will be done purely based on merit secured in the entrance exam. From this point forward, only CUET scores will be used for admissions to central universities.
Note: Foreign students who wish to take admission in undergraduate courses in India will not be required to take the CUET exam. These students will be admitted on merit.
Table of Contents
CUET 2022: Details
- The application form for the Common University Entrance Test Under-Graduate (CUET-UG) will be available in the first week of April 2022 on the official website.
- CUET will be held in 13 languages namely Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Urdu, Assamese, Bengali, Punjabi, Odia, and English.
- Apart from the eligibility criterion for different universities, Class 12 board examination marks will not have any relevance regarding admission of the students.
- The syllabus of the CUET will be based on the Class 12 model syllabus of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- The state universities, private universities, and deemed-to-be universities can also use CUET scores for undergraduate and postgraduate admissions as per their preferences.
- Delhi University and a few other central universities have already announced that they will only admit students to undergraduate courses on the basis of CUET.
CUET 2022: Exam Pattern
- The CUET will have three sections, that is, section 1A, section 1B, and the general test.
- Section 1A will be compulsory and will be in 13 languages. Candidates can choose the language of their choice.
- Section 1B will be subject-specific.
- General test will be based on general knowledge and reasoning.
CUET 2022: Benefits
- The CUET aims at providing equal opportunities to students from different boards, especially to those from the northeast and rural areas of India.
- The CUET is also expected to reduce the financial burden on parents and students, as candidates will only have to write one exam.
TO READ THE OFFICIAL NOTICE REGARDING CUET 2022, PLEASE CLICK HERE.