New Delhi, 19 November, 2021: The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has announced that the CSIR NET 2021 exam will be conducted on January 29, 2022. Candidates can check all exam-related details on the official website, which are expected to be out in the last week of November.
The CSIR NET exam is held two times a year by the National Testing Agency (NTA). However, this year the CSIR NET exam had to be postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Table of Contents
What is the Eligibility Criteria for CSIR NET 2021 Exam?
- Candidates must have an M.Sc (or an equivalent degree), integrated BS-MS, BS (4 years), BE, B.Tech, B.Pharma, or MBBS.
- For General/EWS and Other Backward Class Non-Creamy Layer* (OBC-NCL) candidates, a minimum of 55% marks is required.
- For SC/ST or physically and visually handicapped candidates, a minimum of 50% marks is required for this degree.
- Candidates enrolled in M.Sc or those who have completed graduation are also eligible to apply.
- B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or candidates enrolled in the integrated MS-PhD program can apply as well. Such candidates need a minimum 55% marks (for general and OBC-NCL) and 50% marks for SC/ST, physically, and visually handicapped candidates.
- Those with a Bachelor’s degree must be registered for Ph.D. or the integrated Ph.D. program to be eligible for CSIR.
- Ph.D. degree holders, who have passed Master’s degree before September 19, 1991, with a minimum of 50% marks, are eligible to apply only for lectureship.
*If a family’s total annual income is less than Rs. 8 lakhs, they are classified as non-creamy layer OBC.
What is the CSIR NET 2021 Exam?
CSIR-UGC NET (also known as CSIR NET) is a national level exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) to select candidates for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and assistant professor positions for science subjects. The programme is aimed at human resource development in the National Science & Technology domain.
For scholarship, exam, and education-related updates, please follow Buddy4Study.