Common Management Aptitude Test or CMAT is a national level MCQ type test for management courses in over 850 colleges across the country. The results for this exam are announced in the month of February every year. The results are made available on the official NTA website and the students can download the results through their CMAT ID and password. The results are sent to the participating colleges and universities and the admission process for the colleges start individually.
The CMAT result is only published through the official website of NTA. Students need to login with their ID and password and download their results. The result is provided in the form of a scorecard which will include a scaled score for each section, their total scores as well as their overall percentile ranking. The CMAT Merit List popularized as the ‘All India Rank (AIR)’ is released by the National Testing Agency (NTA). This depicts every candidate’s score on a national level and places the scores in a comparative scale with other candidates.
In this article, we will discuss some of the basic information about the CMAT results including result date, steps to check results, CMAT scorecard, CMAT score calculation, result analysis of previous years, admission criteria.
Table of Contents
- CMAT Result – CMAT Result date
- CMAT Result – How to check CMAT Results?
- CMAT Result – How to Check the Past CMAT Results?
- CMAT Result – Details on CMAT Scorecard
- CMAT Result – CMAT Score Calculation
- CMAT Result – Result Analysis of Previous Years
- CMAT Result – Admission Criteria for Admission After the Results Are Out
- CMAT Result – FAQs
CMAT Result – CMAT Result date
CMAT test results are valid for one year. Based on the previous year’s events here is an tentative timeline around CMAT result:
- CMAT Exam Date – late January
- CMAT Result Date – Early February (Released)
- Release of CMAT Final Merit List – Early February, (Released)
- Case Discussion or Personal Interview rounds will be held in February – March
To know how to apply for CMAT in 2021, read CMAT application blog here.
CMAT Result – How to check CMAT Results?
CMAT test results can be checked online. Follow the given instructions to check CMAT results:
Step 1: Visit official NTA website cmat.nta.nic.in
Step 2: On the right side, check for “Download Score Card.”
Step 3: Enter registered Email ID and Password.
Step 4: After clicking on the ‘Sign In’ button, a new window will appear.
Step 5: Download CMAT Score Card and take the printout for future correspondence.
Do you know the eligibility conditions to apply for this management test? Read CMAT eligibility here.
CMAT Result – How to Check the Past CMAT Results?
Incase of misplacing or loss of the scorecard, candidates may follow the below-mentioned steps to check the past CMAT Result.
Step 1: Visit the official website of CMAT.
Step 2: Click on the Past Results tab.
Step 3: Choose the year for which result has to be checked.
Step 4: Click on View Score Card.
Step 5: Enter the registered Email address and Password.
Step 6: Click on Sign in and download CMAT Score Card.
CMAT Result – Details on CMAT Scorecard
The CMAT scorecard is an important document for the admission process. Students need to carry the scorecard with them at the time of counselling. Hence, students should check the following things on the scorecard before going for counselling.
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Category and Gender
- Roll Number
- Registration number
- Sectional and overall marks obtained in CMAT
- Respective rank
- Qualifying Status of CMAT result
- Contact details
CMAT Result – CMAT Score Calculation
1. The marking scheme followed in CMAT is as follows:
- Correct response will be awarded +4
- Incorrect response will face a penalty of -1
- No response will receive 0
2. For percentile calculation, CMAT uses the following formula:
- Formula: Percentile P = ( (N – your rank)/ N) x 100
3. Following is the score range for all sections:
- Quantitative Skills: 0-100
- Language Skills: 0-100
- Logical Reasoning skills: 0-100
- General Awareness: 0-100
- Total: 0-400
CMAT Result – Result Analysis of Previous Years
Here is a table which shows the marks achieved by the top 10 scorers of the previous four years of CMAT.
|Rank||CMAT 2020 Score||CMAT 2019 Score||CMAT 2018 Score||CMAT 2017 Score||CMAT 2016 Score|
CMAT Result – Admission Criteria for Admission After the Results Are Out
After the CMAT scorecard is out, institutes announce the cut off on which they are accepting admissions. Students who have scored more than the announced cut off can apply for admission in their college of choice. Then, the colleges which pursue their end of selection process. This stage may differ from one college to another but have a few commonalities. Some of the stables used by majority of the colleges are:
- Group discussion: To check the communication skills, behavioral traits, leadership qualities etc.
- Personal Interview: To check the interpersonal skills, level of knowledge, comprehension and logical reasoning.
CMAT Result – FAQs
Q. How much should I attempt in the CMAT exam to get a good score?
To get a good CMAT score which will let you in the top colleges, you should answer 22-23 questions in every section with 85-90% of them being correct. Overall, 90 percentile is considered a good score.
Q. When does the CMAT result come out?
The CMAT exam takes place in late January every year. The result follows a few days after the exam, usually in the first week of February.
Q. How can I check my CMAT score before the result and how to be sure of it?
CMAT publishes the answer key of the exam every year before the final results. Students can download the answer key and check how they have performed in the exam.
Q. What does percentile mean?
Percentile shows how much percentage of people who took the test scored less than you. If your percentile is 90%, that means 90% of the students who took the test have scored less than you.