As the all-important CLAT 2022 exam is approaching, students become anxious to know what the cut-off structure will look like, and rightly so, as this is the most anticipated law exam in India. More than 47,000 students appeared in the CLAT 2019 exam. Thus, knowing that the competition is quite intense, law aspirants must have already started calculating their chances of getting admission to the desired institution. Thus, this article would emphasize the estimated cut-offs for CLAT 2022, cut-offs of the previous years, comparison and other essential information which would answer all your queries regarding the CLAT cut-off.
Table of Contents
- Estimated Cut-off for CLAT 2022
- CLAT 2019 Cut off – 1st Round
- CLAT 2019 Cut off – 2nd Round
- CLAT Cut Off – Comparison 2018-2017
- CLAT Cutoff – FAQ’s
Estimated Cut-off for CLAT 2022
|National Law University||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|NLU, Odisha Cuttack||465||879|
Note – The above mentioned data is an estimation of the cut-offs. Since there are various factors which influence the outcome of cutoffs, the official cutoffs may vary from the above given data.
Below is the CLAT 2019 cut-off list, which also draws a comparison between various categories
CLAT 2019 Cut off – 1st Round
|National Law University||General Category
|NLU, Odisha Cuttack||465||879||6276||9550|
CLAT 2019 Cut off – 2nd Round
|National Law University||General Category
|NLU, Odisha Cuttack||888||951||9597||10234|
CLAT Cut Off – Comparison 2018-2017
|National Law University||Opening Rank- 2018||Closing Rank- 2018||Opening Rank- 2017||Closing Rank- 2017|
|NLU, Odisha Cuttack||564||1167||1023||15734|
Clalt cut off – What are the factors which influence the CLAT cut off?
As there are a limited number of seats in the top institutions, cut off plays an essential role in assuring that the students get admissions in universities according to their calibre. Thus, candidates get admission in law colleges in proportion to their marks. But there are various factors which may influence the cutoff list. The huge number of students applying for the exam is the prominent and the most common factor. Other important factors are :
- Difficulty level of the exam – It is inevitable that the difficulty level of the CLAT exam would have considerable impact on the cutoff list. The CLAT governing body tries to keep the cut-offs on the lower side, when the difficulty level of the exam is high. Thus, if the difficulty of the CLAT 2022 exam is high, the candidates may expect to have some relaxation in the cut-off list as well.
- Number of seats available in respective universities and colleges – There are limited seats available in every law institution, and thus, cutoffs are based on the ranking and reputation of the college. For eg- NLSIU, Bangalore and NALSAR, Hyderabad are two of the most popular and elite law universities in India and offer limited seats, making their cut offs extremely high.
- Increase in number of qualifying students – The number of students clearing the CLAT exam proportionally impact the rise in the cutoffs.
CLAT Cutoff – FAQ’s
Q. Which NLU will conduct CLAT 2022?
The CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2022 Exam will be conducted by the National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi. The exam would be conducted for the undergraduate and graduate law students aspiring to get admission in top NLU or private law colleges.
Q. Is CLAT 2022 an offline exam?
Yes, CLAT 2022 exam will be held in offline mode. There have been no updates on running the CLAT exam online.
Q. Is there relaxation for CLAT candidates belonging to the Scheduled caste/Scheduled tribe?
Yes, CLAT cut off 2022 would offer decent relaxation to candidates belonging to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes. For instance - in the 1st round of cutoff 2019, the closing rank for general candidates for admission in NLSIU, Bangalore was 54 whereas for the SC candidates it was 1892.
Q. What is the fee structure for the CLAT Exam ?
For General/OBC/PWD/OCI/NRI/PIO candidates, the payable exam fee is INR 4000 whereas for the SC/ST/BPL candidates, the payable exam fee is INR 3500.
Q. Is CLAT a difficult exam?
As per the standards of CLAT question papers in the previous year, the difficulty level of the exam was moderate. However, if the level of the exam is tough, then the cut-offs are proportionally set on the lower side.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get latest updates and news on CLAT UG 2022.