Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) releases the admit card for Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE) three weeks prior to the exam. The CDS admit card 2020 will be made available on the official website i.e. upsc.gov.in through online mode. Candidates can download the admit card by logging into the UPSC website using their credentials i.e. registration number/roll number and date of birth.
Candidates are advised to carry any one of their photo-identity cards along with the CDS admit card on the day of the examination. The examination authorities shall not permit the candidates to sit in the examination hall without an admit card. For more information about the admit card of CDS 2020, go through the article below.
Table of Contents
- Overview of CDS Admit Card and Examination
- CDS Admit Card – What NOT to carry to the CDS exam hall?
- CDS Admit Card – Examination Centre
- CDS Admit Card – Important Exam Day Guidelines
- CDS Admit Card – FAQs
- ✔️ What are the login credentials required to download the CDS admit card 2020?
- ✔️ When will the admit card of CDS be released?
- ✔️ What if I forget to carry my photo identity card along with the admit card of CDS 2020?
- ✔️ Do I need to preserve the CDS hall ticket after the exam gets over?
- ✔️ Can I carry a mobile phone to the CDS examination centre?
Overview of CDS Admit Card and Examination
|Name of the exam||Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)|
|Exam conducting authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Mode of admit card release||Online|
|Credentials required to download||Registration number/roll number and date of birth|
|Information given on CDS admit card||Candidate and exam-related information|
|Documents/things to be carried on the exam day||CDS II admit card
Passport-sized photograph (same as affixed on the application form)
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|UPSC helpline||Number – 011-23098543/ 23385271/ 23381125/ 23098591
Email ID – email@example.com
When will UPSC release the CDS Admit Card 2020?
Candidates are advised to download the CDS hall ticket as soon as it is released. Check out the release date of the CDS II hall ticket below.
Schedule of CDS Admit Card 2020
|Last date to fill application||August 25, 2020|
|CDS II Admit Card||October (three weeks before the exam)|
|CDS II Exam||November 8, 2020|
How to download UPSC CDS Admit Card 2020?
Candidates can go through the steps furnished below in order to download the admit card.
Step 1: Visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission i.e. upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the tab ‘Admit Card’
Step 3: A new page will appear on the screen. Now, click on ‘E-admit card for various examinations of UPSC’
Step 4: Then, click on the direct link for ‘E-Admit card’ of CDS 2020
Step 5: Read all the instructions and click on the ‘Yes’ button
Step 6: A login page will be displayed on the screen. Select either the registration number or roll number tab to login
Step 7: After selecting the registration number, candidates will be asked to fill in their registration ID or roll number, date of birth, and confirm the random image
Step 8: Now, click on the submit button
Step 9: CDS admit card will appear on the screen
Step 10: Download and take at least two printouts of the admit card
What details will be provided on the CDS Admit Card 2020?
The hall ticket of Combined Defence Services (CDS) consists of the information related to the candidates and the entrance examination. Candidates are advised to check all the details furnished on the CDS admit card as the same will be verified on the exam day. The details that are printed on the CDS admit card are:
Candidate Related Information:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Photo ID
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Photograph of the candidate
CDS II Examination Related Information:
- Name of the exam
- Exam Date
- Examination centre/city
- Venue of the examination
- Subject code and timings
- Exam day instructions
- Signature of the controller of examination
CDS admit card looks exactly like the image provided below:
How to fix errors/discrepancies in the CDS Admit Card 2020?
After downloading the admit card, candidates must go through the details on it carefully to check for errors, if any. In case the candidates find any errors in the CDS admit card (II), they must report the same to the authorities by sending an email with screenshot/photo of the discrepancies. Also, if your photograph is not clear in the CDS hall ticket, you are advised to send the following details to the authorities:
- A written undertaking regarding change of photograph on admit card
- Two passport size photographs
- A valid photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Passport or Voter ID Card)
The points of contact for CDS admit card rectification are mentioned below:
Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069
UPSC Helpline Number: 011-23098543/ 23385271/ 23381125/ 23098591
After the UPSC rectifies the admit card, candidates are required to download the CDS admit card again from the official website.
What to carry along with the CDS Admit Card 2020?
Candidates must ensure that they carry the following things to the CDS examination hall:
- Hard copy of CDS II Admit Card
- Passport-sized photograph (same as affixed on the application form)
- Black or blue pen
- A valid photo ID proof (original)
Candidates can choose to carry any of the following photo ID proofs on the exam day:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- School Identity Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government
Note: Details of any one of the above-mentioned photo-identity cards will have to be provided during CDS application form submission. The same ID has to be carried on the day of examination.
CDS Admit Card – What NOT to carry to the CDS exam hall?
Candidates must not carry the following items to the examination hall:
- Mobile Phone
- Bluetooth Devices
- Pen Drive
- Any other electronic devices
CDS Admit Card – Examination Centre
The details about the exam centre of the CDS entrance test are provided on the admit card of CDS. Candidates can check below some of the CDS exam centres where the CDS II exam will be conducted.
CDS Exam Centres
CDS Admit Card – Important Exam Day Guidelines
- The admit card will not be sent by post. Candidates will have to download it in online mode.
- Candidates are advised to reach the examination centre of CDS at least an hour before the commencement of the exam.
- While going for the exam, they must carry passport size photographs, a valid photo identity card similar to the one used during the application process) and one black or blue ballpoint pen along with the CDS 2020 admit card.
- Do not carry the prohibited items to the examination hall.
- After the release of the admit card, no request for a change in the exam centre will be entertained by the exam conducting body.
- Candidates must not fold the admit card to avoid any spoiling. Also, they must keep the same with them safely for any future reference.
- Those caught cheating in the exam or using any unfair means will be immediately debarred and their paper will be cancelled.
CDS Admit Card – FAQs
✔️ What are the login credentials required to download the CDS admit card 2020?
In order to download the admit card of CDS, candidates will have to enter their registration number or roll number and date of birth in the login section of the official website.
✔️ When will the admit card of CDS be released?
UPSC is likely to release the CDS admit card 2020 three weeks before the exam date on the official website. Candidates are suggested to keep a tab on this page as the direct download link for CDS admit card shall be published here.
✔️ What if I forget to carry my photo identity card along with the admit card of CDS 2020?
In that case, you will not be allowed to appear for the entrance examination. Candidates must carry the printout of their CDS admit card along with any of the valid ID proofs and a recent passport size photograph.
✔️ Do I need to preserve the CDS hall ticket after the exam gets over?
Yes. It is advisable to keep the admit card of CDS safely even after the exam as it may be required in further admission rounds.
✔️ Can I carry a mobile phone to the CDS examination centre?
No. You cannot carry a mobile phone or any other electronic device to the examination hall.
Keep visiting Buddy4Study to gain knowledge about CDS Exam 2020 and other competitive exams.