New Delhi, 14 October 2021 – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released Term-1 exam guidelines for Classes 10 and 12. The date sheet for the same is expected to be uploaded soon on CBSE’s official website. The comprehensive set of guidelines for Term-1 exams illustrates that skill subject exams will begin on 15 November 2021, while main subject exams will commence on 24 November 2021. The guidelines also state that exams will be carried out in multiple-choice question (MCQ) format and each exam’s duration will be 90 minutes. The MCQs will include case-based and assertion-reasoning type questions, where each question will carry equal weightage.
Table of Contents
CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exams Divided Into Two Parts
Earlier, Class 10 and 12 half-yearly exams were conducted by schools and these had no weightage over final board results. However, keeping the current pandemic in mind, CBSE has now split the board exams for both Classes 10 and 12 into two parts: Term-1 and Term-2.
Term-1 will commence on 15 November 2021, while Term-2 is scheduled for March/April 2022. The final result will be calculated on the basis of students’ performance in both Term-1 and Term-2 exams. Students must note that practical exams for Term-1 will be conducted by schools, while practical exams for Term-2 will be conducted by CBSE.
CBSE Term-1 Exams – Main Points
- It is mandatory for students to appear in Term-1 exams, as scores from both terms will be considered for final results.
- If a particular exam centre has 500 students, it requires one observer. If the center has more than 500 students, two observers are required.
- Only 12 students can sit in one classroom during the exam.
- OMR sheets will be available via Cloud (data storage technology) and downloaded from there, while encrypted question papers will be sent to the exam centre in the morning.
- The OMR sheet must be submitted at the exam control room by 1:30 pm on the same day of the exam.
- Evaluation will be done between 1:30 and 5:00 pm.
- The answer key will be available by 1:30 pm for teachers to evaluate papers.
- Evaluation will be carried out at the exam centre and checked OMR sheets will be sent to CBSE by 5:00 pm on the same day.
Note: Information related to CBSE admit cards will be available in the upcoming days. For the latest updates related to CBSE, please follow Buddy4Study.