New Delhi, 27 July 2022 – The Common Admission Test 2022 (CAT 2022) will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B) on 27 November 2022. The official CAT notification will be released on 31 July and the registration for the exam will begin soon.
The CAT 2022 official website will go live between 1 August and 3 August, and candidates can register for the exam by visiting the official website – iimcat.ac.in – once it’s live.
Table of Contents
- CAT 2022 – Overview
- CAT 2022 – Exam Details
- CAT 2022 – Exam Eligibility
CAT 2022 – Overview
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test 2022 (CAT 2022)|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B)|
|CAT Exam Date||27 November 2022|
|CAT Official Notification Release||31 July 2022|
|CAT Website Live Date||Between 1 August and 3 August, 2022|
CAT 2022 – Exam Details
- Common Admission Test (CAT) 2022 is the mandatory entrance exam for MBA admission 2023 in all IIMs and other top B-schools in India.
- More than 2 lakh candidates appear for the CAT exam every year.
- It is a computer-based test conducted at more than 155 cities and 400+ venues around the country.
- The CAT exam duration is 2 hours, which was reduced from 3 hours in 2020.
- The exam is divided into three sections:
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
- Each of the abovementioned CAT 2022 sections have to be attempted in a fixed time limit.
- Once the exam is conducted, top management institutions in India will offer admission on the basis of CAT 2022 scores.
- Those candidates who do not qualify the exam will not be accepted into CAT MBA admissions.
CAT 2022 – Exam Eligibility
A candidate who fulfills the following CAT 2022 eligibility can appear for the exam:
- He/She has a minimum of 50% marks in graduation (General Category)
- He/She has a minimum of 45% marks in graduation (Reserved Category)
- He/She is a final-year student pursuing a bachelor’s degree
Note: There is no age limit to apply and appear for CAT 2022 exam.
How to Apply for CAT 2022?
To apply for CAT, a candidate needs to:
- Visit the official CAT website – iimcat.ac.in.
- Find the CAT registration link and click on it.
- Create a new candidate profile.
- Log in to the profile.
- Submit all required details – personal, educational, and other.
- Finish the registration process and download the CAT application form for future use.
Can I register for CAT 2022 right now?
No! The official CAT website will go live between 1 August and 3 August. Only after that will IIM Bangalore open the CAT registration portal.
When will the CAT 2022 exam be conducted?
CAT 2022 exam will be conducted on November 27. The official announcement of the exam will be made by IIM Bangalore at iimcat.ac.in on July 31, 2022.
Which IIM will conduct the CAT 2022 exam?
The CAT 2022 exam will be conducted by IIM Bangalore, who will be conducting it after a span of five years. Only one of the top five IIMs are allowed to conduct the CAT exam. These institutes take turns every year to do so.
How much fee do I need to pay for CAT 2022?
The exact CAT fee details have not been released yet. However, if we look at previous year fees, then candidates need to pay either INR 2,200 (General category fee) or INR 1,100 (Reserved category fee). Also, candidates must note that the fee might get revised this year by IIM-B.
How can I apply for CAT 2022? What is the last date for application?
Candidates can apply for CAT 2022 on the official website - iimcat.ac.in - once the registration process commences. The last date for application submission will most probably be the fourth week of September 2022.