New Delhi, 4 August 2021 – Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad has started the CAT registration 2021 from today, 10 AM. The CAT application form 2021 is available only in online mode at the official website – www.iimcat.ac.in. Eligible candidates can fill the CAT 2021 application form till 15th September 2021 by 5 PM.
Only those students with a bachelor’s degree (in any discipline) with 50% (45% for reserved category) are eligible to apply for MBA CAT 2021. The CAT exam 2021 will take place on 28th November 2021. It will be held as a computer-based test comprising MCQ and non-MCQs from three sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
Table of Contents
CAT 2021 – Important Dates
|Commencement of CAT Registration 2021||4th August 2021 from 10 AM|
|Last to Apply for CAT Registration 2021||15th September 2021 till 5 PM|
|Release Date of CAT Admit Card||27th October 2021 at 5 PM|
|IIM CAT Exam Date 2021||28th November 2021|
CAT Registration 2021 – New Updates
- Candidates will now have an option to fill 6 options of CAT test cities while registering for the CAT 2021.
- CAT 2021 will take place in 158 cities across the country at approximately 400 exam centres.
- The exam authorities have increased the CAT registration fees. Rs. 200 has been increased for general category students while the reserved category students have to pay an additional Rs. 100 while submitting the application fee.
Revised CAT Registration Fee
|Category||CAT Application Fee|
|Reserved category (SC/ ST/ PwD)||Rs 1,100/-|
CAT Registration 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the CAT eligibility criteria before submitting their application forms. If at any point a student is found ineligible during the admission process, his/her application will be cancelled. Below are the main eligibility criteria that students must abide by before submitting their CAT application form 2021:
- Students must have a Graduation/Bachelor’s Degree in any stream with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/PwD) or equivalent CGPA from a recognized institute/university.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of their graduation and awaiting results can also fill IIM CAT 2021 application form.
- There is no specific age restriction to fill the CAT application form 2021.
- If the applicant is in the process of completing their professional degree (CS/CA/ICWA) without appearing for their bachelor’s degree, he/she CANNOT apply for the CAT exam.
- If the bachelor’s degree is not recognized by MHRD/AICTE/UGC, the applicant will be considered ineligible for CAT 2021.
CAT Registration 2021 – Documents To Keep Ready Before Form Filling
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets
- Graduation mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- If in the final year of bachelor’s degree, candidates must have the final year certificate from the HoD/Principal and also the previous year’s mark sheet
- Address proof
- Caste category certificate (if applicable)
- Scribe certificate (if applicable)
- PwD category certificate (if applicable)
- Work experience document, if any
- Credit/debit card or net banking credentials
- Scanned images of passport size photographs and signature
CAT Registration 2021 – Document Size to Be Uploaded
|Image||Size of the file||Format||Dimension||Image resolution|
|Photograph||Not more than 80 KB||JPG/ JPEG||30 mm (width) x 45 mm (height)||150 pixel/inch (min)|
|Signature||80 mm (width) x 35 mm (height)|
How to Apply for CAT 2021?
Applicants interested to apply for the CAT 2021 must follow the below steps:
1. Visit the official CAT 2021 website – www.iimcat.ac.in
2. Click on ‘New Candidate Registration’ or ‘Registered Candidate Login’ (if already registered).
3. Fill in the required information and click on ‘Generate OTP’.
4. Enter CAPTCHA, check the ‘I Agree’ box, and click Submit.
5. Create a profile by filling in details like personal details, academic qualifications, work experience, and preferred programmes.
6. Upload the required documents/images in the prescribed format and size.
7. Select the work experience details (if any), and choose any six preferred CAT test cities.
8. Pay the CAT application fee via credit/debit card/ net banking. The CAT 2021 application fee payment partners are BillDesk and PayU.
9. Submit the CAT exam application form.