New Delhi, 21 September 2022, BHU UG Admissions 2022: The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has started the counselling registration and application process for undergraduate admissions through the Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET) UG 2022. The candidates who have selected Banaras Hindu University (BHU) as one of their preferred universities can visit the official website – bhuonline.in – to apply for undergraduate courses.
It is mandatory to qualify the BHU entrance exam 2022 to get admission in any of the courses offered by the university. However, the university also gives entry into short courses on the basis of a merit list. The candidates can apply for Banaras Hindu University (BHU) UG courses by 3 October 2022.
Table of Contents
- BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Courses
- BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Eligibility
- BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Selection Process
- BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Exam Pattern
- BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Syllabus
BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Courses
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) offers programmes in the field of Technology, Science, Humanities, Law, Commerce, Music, Pharmacy, and many more. The candidates can check the counselling course code and UG courses offered by BHU from the table given below:
|General Courses||Counselling Course Code|
|B.A. (Hons.) Arts||131|
|B.A. (Hons.) Social Sciences||132|
|B.Com. (Hons.) Financial Markets Management||133|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Maths Group||181|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Bio Group||182|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture||135|
|B.Tech. in Food Technology||192|
|B.Tech. in Dairy Technology||193|
|B.A. LL.B. (Hons)||137|
|B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Arts)||180|
BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Eligibility
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in Class 12 from a recognized institution.
- Candidates must not be more than 22 years of age.
- Candidates are required to carry their original Class 12 mark sheet at the time of counselling.
Candidates can check the detailed BHU UG admissions 2022 eligibility criteria for each course from the table given below:
|General Courses||Educational Qualification|
|B.A. (Hons.) Arts||
|B.A. (Hons.) Social Sciences||
|B.Com. (Hons.) Financial Markets Management||
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Maths Group||
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Bio Group||
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture||
|B.Tech. in Food Technology||
|B.Tech. in Dairy Technology||
|B.A. LL.B. (Hons)||
|B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Arts)||
BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Selection Process
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET) scores and then a further round of personal interviews.
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will conduct its own entrance test.
- Based on the results, students will be eligible to apply for admission to undergraduate courses.
- After qualifying for the personal interview round, candidates will have to meet the university’s eligibility criteria and cut-off list.
BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Exam Pattern
- The BHU UG admission test will be conducted through online mode.
- The exam will be of a duration of 2 hours.
- The question paper will be objective-type.
- There is a negative marking rule of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- For every correct answer 3 marks will be awarded.
- The question paper will be based on General Knowledge and Current Affairs with 30 multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- Mental ability and reasoning section will include 15 multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- Numerical ability and language comprehension will include 30 multiple choice questions (MCQs).
BHU UG Admissions 2022 – Syllabus
The candidates are recommended to go through the BHU UG 2022 syllabus to know the topics and subjects from which questions will be asked in the entrance exam.
- B.A. (Hons) syllabus: The question paper will consist of 150 questions of 450 marks based on the following topics:
- General mental ability
- General awareness
- Basic knowledge of plants and animals
- Numerical ability
- Environment & its pollution
- Natural resources of industry
- Human body, human health
- Common diseases
- Solar system
- Climate & weather
- Population explosion
- Production of food & raw materials
- Literature and art
- B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education) & B.Ed. (Special Education) syllabus: The question paper will consist of 100 questions of 300 marks based on the following topics:
- Teaching aptitude
- Current education scenario
- Social sciences
- B.Com. (Hons) syllabus: The question paper will consist of 150 multiple choice questions (MCQs) based on the following topics:
- Statement analysis
- Financial market management
- Money and banking
- Basic mathematics
- Business organization
- Business management
- Economic affairs
B.A. LLB (Hons) Syllabus
Note: To check the complete course wise-syllabus, please click here.
How to apply for BHU UG Admissions 2022?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for BHU UG admissions 2022:
Step 1 – Visit the official website – bhuonline.in.
Step 2 – Click on the ‘Registration for UG’ link.
Step 3 – Click on the ‘Register’ tab.
Step 4 – Fill in the required information.
Step 5 – Upload the scanned documents in JPEG format.
Step 6 – Click on the ‘Payment’ tab.
Step 7 – After submitting the application fee, click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
Note: For other additional information regarding subject-wise syllabus, reservation, eligibility criteria and other details, please click here.
What is the application fee for the BHU admission process?
The application fee for BHU admission process is INR 200 for General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category. The candidates who fall under the category of Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) will have to pay INR 100.
How to download the application form for BHU UG admissions 2022?
The candidates must visit the official website – bhuonline.in – to download the application form.
When can one apply for BHU UG admissions 2022?
The online application for BHU UG admission began on 20 September 2022. The candidates can apply for the entrance exam on or before 3 October 2022.