New Delhi, 23 April 2022: The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has started an interest-free loan assistance scheme. Under the scheme, annual assistance of Rs 12,000 will be given to the students. Moreover, the scheme is meant to provide financial assistance to students who face challenges in pursuing education due to their weak economic conditions. The university will extend all possible help to students so that they can complete their studies.
|Number of students who will be benefitted
|Number of applications received till now
|Number of applications approved
BHU Begins Interest-free Loan Scheme for Select Students: Eligibility
Under the scheme, annual assistance of Rs 12,000 will be given to the following students:
- Students whose families hold a below poverty line (BPL) card.
- Students whose parents have succumbed to COVID-19 or are no more.
BHU Begins Interest-free Loan Scheme for Select Students: Details
- This has been done so that the above-mentioned students can complete their education at the university without any interruption or break. To avail the scheme, a recommendation from two faculty members is necessary.
- As of now, as many as 1,000 students will be given the benefit of this scheme. So far, around 200 applications have come in this regard, and 103 applications have been approved.
- After getting employment, the student can pay the loans in installments for two years.
Note: The responsibility of paying the loans will not be on the parents of the student, nor on the faculty members, who had recommended the name of the student for the loan.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which students are eligible for the BHU interest-free loans?
BHU will provide interest-free loans to students whose families hold a below poverty line (BPL) card and whose parents have succumbed to COVID-19 or are no more.
Why is BHU offering interest-free loans to select students?
BHU has started offering interest-free loans to select students so that they can complete their education at the university without any interruption or break.
What is the amount of financial assistance that will be given to students by BHU?
Financial assistance of Rs 12,000 will be given to students by BHU.