New Delhi, 29 March 2022: As per the recent initiative launched by the Government of India, a total of 21 new Sainik schools have been approved by the Ministry of Defence in partnership with numerous NGOs, the state government, and the private sector. The initiative further intends to set up about 100 new Sainik schools across the country.
Table of Contents
- Approval of 21 New Sainik Schools – Objective
- Approval of 21 New Sainik Schools – Details
- Sainik School Admission Process
- Approval of 21 New Sainik Schools – FAQs
Approval of 21 New Sainik Schools – Objective
The Government of India intends to set up 100 new Sainik schools in order to provide better education for students under the National Education Policy (NEP). The objective is planned to help students attract better employment opportunities.
The Ministry of Defence has given its approval to open 21 out of 100 planned new Sainik schools. These schools will be set up in partnership with NGOs/private schools/State Governments.
— रक्षा मंत्री कार्यालय/ RMO India (@DefenceMinIndia) March 27, 2022
Approval of 21 New Sainik Schools – Details
- Out of the 21 newly planned Sainik schools, 14 of these schools will have residential arrangements whereas the remaining 7 will be day schools.
- The new Sainik schools, despite their affiliation to the respective boards of education, will operate as per the Sainik School Society and its rules.
- These schools, in addition to the regular board curriculum, will also impart Academic plus curriculum-related education under the Sainik school pattern.
Sainik School Admission Process
|FOR Class 6||
|FOR STUDENTS ALREADY ENROLLED||
|SECOND ROUND OF SAINIK SCHOOL APPLICATION||
Approval of 21 New Sainik Schools – FAQs
Can students already enrolled in schools also apply for the new Sainik schools?
Yes, candidates from other schools can also apply to the new Sainik schools. However, in order to apply, they will have to qualify for an entrance test conducted by the Sainik school administration.
How to get admission to the new Sainik schools?
Candidates are required to qualify for the All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination 2022 in order to get admission to the new Sainik schools.
Can the students already enrolled in a Sainik school also seek admission to the new Sainik schools?
Yes, candidates enrolled in the existing Sainik schools who intend to seek admission under the new Sainik schools can apply but they are required to qualify for a test conducted by the Sainik school administration.