New Delhi, 23 June 2021 – The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) released the revised AICTE academic calendar for sessions 2021-22 yesterday, 23rd June 2021. The revised calendar is currently available on AICTE’s official website – www.aicte-india.org.
AICTE has revised the academic calendar 2021-22 for the standalone PGDM and PGCM institutions, also known as management institutions, that are unaffiliated to any university. The Council had announced to approve these institutes offering ODL and online courses for this academic year by 30th June 2021.
Furthermore, AICTE will also grant affiliation by University or Board by 15th July 2021. The last date to complete the first round of counselling/admission for seat allotment is 31st August 2021.
Table of Contents
AICTE 2021-22 – Schedule for Standalone Institutions
- As per the AICTE schedule released earlier, the academic session 2021-22 was supposed to begin from 1st July 2021. However, the revised academic schedule states that the new academic session for the existing students and the new students in the standalone institutions will begin from 2nd August 2021.
- The last date for the grant of approval to standalone PGDM and PGCM institutions will be 30th June 2021.
- The last date to cancel the admission for courses in PGDM and PGCM institutions including a full fee refund will be 6th August 2021.
- The last admission date for the courses in PGDM and PGCM institutions has currently been extended till 11th August 2021, which was earlier scheduled to be completed by 10th July 2021.
AICTE 2021-22 – Schedule for Technical Institutions
- In addition to releasing the academic schedule for standalone institutions, the All India Council for Technical Education has also published the academic calendar for Technical institutions.
- As per the revised calendar 2021-22, the last date for classes to begin for the current academic year (for existing students of technical courses) will be 1st September 2021.
- The last date to complete the second round of counselling or admission for allotment of seats will be 9th September 2021.
- The last date of seat cancellation for technical courses including full fee refund will be 10th September 2021.
- The last date of class commencement for first-year students of technical courses will be 15th September 2021.
- The last date up to which first-year students can be admitted against vacancies will be 15th September 2021.
- The last date for lateral entry admission to second-year courses for newly admitted students will be 20th September 2021.
Besides the schedule, the Council has also released a set of guidelines that institutions have to abide by.
- All the AICTE-approved institutions and universities are requested to follow the safety guidelines issued by the AICTE or UGC from time to time to contain the spread of coronavirus.
- The classes in online, offline, and blended mode may begin only when they diligently follow the AICTE prescribed protocols or guidelines created especially for the pandemic situation.
- Institutions admitting students without any prior approval shall be subjected to punitive action.
- AICTE has directed that any change in the current pandemic situation (improvement or deterioration) may lead the Ministry of Health/Ministry of Home/Ministry of Education to change the revised academic calendar.
The AICTE academic calendar 2021 is created in line with IIMs and UG degree final year exam dates. Although any change in the revised calendar will be updated and announced by AICTE, students are advised to keep an eye on the latest developments of the Council via their official website.