The Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) has announced the new marks evaluation criteria, on the basis of which the UP Board result 2021 for Classes 10 and 12 will be declared. As per the update, the board will evaluate the performances of students based on the marks obtained in the previous years’ examinations as well as the pre-board examination in the current year.
Table of Contents
UP Board Class 10 Marks Evaluation Criteria 2021 – 50:50 Formula
The UP board will be applying the 50:50 formula to evaluate the Class 10 results 2021.
As per this 50:50 formula –
- 50% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in Class 9, and
- 50% weightage will be given to marks obtained in Class 10 pre-board examination.
UP Board Class 10 Marks Evaluation Criteria 2021 – 50:40:10 Formula
The board will apply a 50:40:10 formula to arrive at UP Board Class 12 results 2021, as per which –
- 50% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in Class 10,
- 40% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in Class 11 final or half-yearly examination, and
- 10% weightage will be given to the marks obtained in Class 12 pre-board examination
UP Board Class 10 and 12 Result 2021 – Other Important Points to Note
- Students who are dissatisfied with the UP board evaluation criteria and want to appear for the improvement examination, shall be provided a chance to appear for the next board examination without paying any examination fee.
- The UP Board result date 2021 is yet to be announced. The Class 10 and Class 12 results might be announced on the same day or on different days.
- It has also been announced that the UP board will not be announcing any merit list in 2021 for Class 10 and Class 12 results.
The marks evaluation formula for UP board Class 10 and 12 students, as mentioned above, has been finalised on the recommendation of an 11-member committee which was designated to arrive at a clear-cut evaluation method. The committee received more than 3,900 suggestions on this matter.
A total of 56,03,813 students have registered to appear for UP Board Class 10 and Class 12 examinations. This includes 29,94,312 student registrations for Class 12 and 26,09,501 student registrations for Class 10.