New Delhi, 8 July 2022 – Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has opened the application portal for TCS internship 2022, where candidates interested in research & innovation can apply and get selected. The internship length will vary depending on the profile and process, and will take anywhere from 6 to 18+ weeks to complete.
Only PhD, MS, MTech, or final year BE/BTech students can apply for the TCS internship in Computer Science. Other than that, PG and PhD-level students from premier institutes in the fields of psychology, sociology, mathematics, economics, game design, and organisational behaviour can also apply. These students must also possess an aptitude for research in any area of research and development to get selected.
This article will acquaint the candidates about the TCS internship program. Please read on to know about the eligibility criteria, application process, internship length, and more.
Table of Contents
- TCS Internship 2022 – Overview
- TCS Internship 2022 – Time Period
- TCS Internship – Benefits
- TCS Internship 2022 – Role of the Intern
TCS Internship 2022 – Overview
|Name of Program||TCS Internship 2022|
|Recruiting Organisation||Tata Consultancy Services|
|Application Start Date||Currently Ongoing|
|Application Last Date||Ongoing|
|Internship Domain||Research and Innovation in Computer Science|
|Who Can Apply?||PhD, MS, MTech, or final year BE/BTech students
PG and PhD-level students belonging to the fields of psychology, sociology, mathematics, economics, game design, and organisational behavior
TCS Internship 2022 – Time Period
- The TCS internship program is divided into two types of internships – short and long.
- Short internships will vary from 6 to 8 weeks.
- Long internships will vary from 16 to 18 weeks.
- Thus, candidates are advised to get clear on the time commitment that they can give and communicate it to the TCS hiring team beforehand.
TCS Internship – Benefits
- Get a certificate of internship upon completion.
- Meet and collaborate with some of the brightest graduate, post-graduate, and doctoral students from academic institutions around the world.
- Work in an industrial R&D environment.
- Get access to industry-scale problems and data.
- Interact with some of the world’s best researchers.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for TCS Internship 2022?
To be selected for TCS internship 2022, students must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a PhD, MS, MTech, or final year BE/BTech student.
- Alternatively, be a PG or PhD-level student from one of the following fields: psychology, sociology, mathematics, economics, game design, and organisational behavior.
- Be available for a period of at least 6 to 18 weeks.
- Be ready to work in an industrial research & development (R&D) environment.
- Have a consistently good academic record and possess immense passion for R&D.
TCS Internship 2022 – Role of the Intern
Selected candidates will work as research interns in an industrial R&D environment and solve industry-scale problems under the supervision of senior researchers.
Their areas of responsibility include:
- Defining research problems and designing solutions for them
- Developing prototype solutions by applying industry-scale data
- Publishing research papers in top-tier conferences and journals
- Performing literature survey and identifying opportunities and challenges
- Executing proofs of concept
- Contributing to the development of tools and products
Learning and Development
- Learning about emerging trends and technologies in industrial research
- Defining the challenges involved in applied research
- Articulating research problems and systematically designing solutions
How to Apply for TCS Internship 2022?
To apply for TCS internships, please follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official TCS internship application portal by clicking here.
- In the form that appears, fill up the first and last name.
- Enter college, department, and all academic qualifications.
- Select area of interest in research.
- Provide location preference (if any).
- Enter the start and end date for the internship.
- Provide email ID and phone number.
- Finally, click on the Send button to apply for TCS internships.
Note: In case candidates have any queries regarding the TCS internship program, they can send their doubts/questions to email@example.com.
Who can apply for TCS internship 2022?
Only those candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria as described in the article above can apply for the internship program.
Is there any other way to apply for the internship than filling the form?
In case candidates face any challenges while filling the form or cannot apply for some reason, they can send in their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. However, first preference will be given to those who apply via the internship form.
Will I get any monetary compensation or stipend?
TCS has not communicated any details about the stipend. Candidates are requested to ask directly by emailing to email@example.com.