New Delhi, July 10, 2023, Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of Rajasthan has recently issued a recruitment notification for a total of 5,388 Junior Accountant and Tehsil Revenue Accountant vacancies.
To participate in the Common Eligibility Test (CET), candidates are advised to submit their applications through the state recruitment portal before July 26, 2023. The tentative date for the CET exam is set for September 17, 2023.
Candidates can check details regarding eligibility criteria, pay scale, mode of application and other relevant information in this article.
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Overview
|Organization||Rajasthan Staff Selection Board|
|Posts||a) Junior Accountant
b) Tehsil Revenue Accountant
|Start Date to Apply||June 27, 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||July 26, 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Job Location||All over India|
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Vacancy
- Junior Accountant: 5,190
- Out of these, 4,911 seats are reserved for non-scheduled areas and 279 seats are for scheduled areas.
- Tehsil Revenue Accountant: 198
- Out of these, 170 seats are reserved for non-scheduled areas and 28 seats are for scheduled areas.
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can refer to the information provided below to check the educational qualification and age limit.
- Degree from a reputable school or an equivalent Intermediate exam from the ICWA (Institute of Cost and Works Accountants) or Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is accepted.
- The Higher Level Certificate Course from the NIELIT, which is offered by DOEACC and managed by the Department of Electronics, Government of India, is also recognized.
- Completion of the PC Administrator and Programming Assistant (COPA)/Data Preparation and Computer Software (DPCS) certification program under the National/State Council of Vocational Training Scheme is accepted.
- Having a degree or diploma in Computer Science/Computer Applications, or completion of the Rajasthan State Certification Course in Information Technology (RS-CIT) is recommended.
- Passing the Intermediate Examination of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants in Kolkata.
- Passing the Intermediate Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in New Delhi is also accepted.
- Diploma in Computer Science and Electronics/Information Technology from a recognized Polytechnic Institution is accepted.
- Candidates who have completed the Certificate Course in Information Technology under the control of Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited, run by Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Kota, are eligible.
- Working knowledge of Hindi written in Devanagari script and knowledge of Rajasthan culture is required for the positions.
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Selection Process
The selection for Junior Accountant and Tehsil Revenue Accountant posts will be done through a four-phase process, namely, CET, mains written test, document verification, and finally a medical examination.
- Written Test
- The written test will be divided into two stages, namely, Stage 1 and Stage 2.
- Each paper consists of 150 objective-type multiple-choice questions, with a maximum of 450 marks per paper.
- The total aggregate marks for the written test is 900.
- Skill Test
- Candidates will be given a text of 400 words (with a speed of 80 w.p.m.) in shorthand.
- Candidates will be provided with a passage of approximately 250 words in the Hindi language to be typed within 10 minutes on the computer.
- Documents Verification
- Candidates must carry an original birth certificate, passport-size photograph, domicile certificate and Aadhaar card at the time of the interview.
- Candidates must make sure to self-attest each document.
- Medical Examination
- Candidates will be called for the medical examination round after successfully verifying the documents.
- The physical test will include the following aspects:
- Height and weight measurements
- Nose, mouth, throat, and ear examination with a torch or scope
- Feeling for the pulse in the person’s neck, groin, or feet
- Checking the body’s reflexes
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Syllabus
- सामाजिक सृष्टि और समाज-विग्रह
- क्रिया: सकर्मक, अक्रमक और पूर्व क्रिया क्रियाएँ
- संधि और संधि विच्छिन्न
- अनेकार्थक शब्द
- शब्द – यौगिक
- समानार्थक हिन्दी शब्द
- विशेषण बनाना
- वाची शब्द
- विपरीतार्थक (विलोम) शब्द
- Tenses/sequence of tenses
- Active and passive voice
- Direct and indirect speech
- Usage of articles and determiners
- Translation of simple sentences from Hindi to English
- Correction of sentences
- Technical terms (with their Hindi versions)
- One-word substitution
General Knowledge (Rajasthan):
- Important historical events in the history of Rajasthan
- Freedom movement, public awareness, and political integration
- Main features of architecture – forts and monuments
- Arts, paintings, and handicrafts
- Important works of Rajasthani literature
- Fairs, festivals, folk music, and folk dance
- Major irrigation projects
- Mines and mineral resources
- Major contemporary events and issues of Rajasthan
- Famous people and places
- Sports and sports-related activities
- Physical and chemical reactions
- Oxidation and reduction reactions
- Colloidal solution
- Colligative properties
- Metals and non-metals
- Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- Soap and detergent pesticides
- Electric current
- Electric cell
- Electric generator
- Electric connection arrangement in houses
- Reflection of light and its laws
- Examples of refraction
- Types of lenses
- Defects of vision and their corrections
- Uses of space science
- Remote sensing technique and its uses
- Information technology
- Environment – biotic and abiotic components
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Admit Card
The candidates are required to carry a hard copy of the admit card to the examination centre. The admit card will include the following information:
- Roll number
- Date of birth
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Exam venue
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Salary
The salary for the Rajasthan Junior Accountant posts ranges from INR 23,700 to INR 42,000. Along with the basic salary, candidates can also enjoy several allowances including –
- Transportation Allowance (TA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Application Fee
As per the Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 official notification, the examination fee for the candidates to be paid online is as follows:
- General Category: INR 600
- Other Backward Class (OBC)/ Economically Weaker Section (EWS): INR 600
- Rajasthan State Reserved Community: INR 400
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD): INR 400
How to Apply for the Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023:
Step 1 – Visit the official website – rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in.
Step 2 – Locate the application form for the ‘Junior Accountant & Tehsil Revenue Accountant 2023’.
Step 3 – Click on the ‘Apply Online’ button and then ‘New Registration’ tab.
Step 4 – Enter the contact number and One-Time Password (OTP).
Step 5 – Click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 6 – Navigate to the ‘Log in’ tab.
Step 7 – Fill in the required information.
Step 8 – Upload the scanned documents and pay the registration fee.
Step 9 – Click on the ‘Submit’ tab to end the registration process
|Note – To read the official notification, please click here.|
Rajasthan SSC Recruitment 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1 What are the responsibilities of a Junior Accountant?
As an entry-level role, junior accountants are involved in fundamental accounting tasks essential for maintaining accurate financial records and supporting financial operations. Their duties include posting journal entries, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial statements, managing accounts receivable and accounts payable, processing monthly payroll, and assisting in the preparation of financial reports.
Q2. What is the difference between a Junior Accountant and Accounting Clerk?
An Accounting Clerk typically assists with clerical tasks in the accounting department, while a Junior Accountant performs more complex accounting duties. Accounting clerks often have a high school diploma and focus on basic bookkeeping responsibilities, whereas junior accountants generally hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field and handle tasks such as financial analysis, preparing financial statements, and conducting audits.
Q3. What is the salary of a government accountant in India?
The salary of a government accountant in India can vary depending on factors such as the level of experience, location, and the specific government department or organization. The average salary of INR 23,000 per month is a general estimate and may not represent the exact salary for all government accountants in India.
Q4. What is the age limit for Junior Accountant posts in Rajasthan?
The age limit for candidates applying for the post is between 21 to 40 years.
Q5. When will the results for Rajasthan SSC recruitment be declared?
The results will be declared on the official website, rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, after the completion of each stage of the selection process. The specific dates will be mentioned in the official notifications.