New Delhi, July 5, 2023 – North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 – The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) is accepting applications for a total of 1,104 Apprentice vacancies across various departments in the North Eastern Railways.
Interested candidates, who have passed Class 10 and Industrial Training Institute (ITI) exams, can apply for the Fitter, Welder, Electrician, Carpenter, Painter, and Mechanist roles by August 2, 2023.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 – Overview
|Recruiting Agency||Indian Railways|
|Department||North Eastern Railway|
|Number of Vacancies||1,104|
|State Date of Application||July 3, 2023|
|Last Date of Application||August 2, 2023|
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 – Vacancy
The Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) will fill 1,104 vacancies in multiple units, including Mechanical, Signal, Bridge, and Diesel workshops among others. Candidates can check division-wise vacancies from the information given below:
- Mechanical Workshop/ Gorakhpur: 411
- Signal Workshop/Gorakhpur Cantt: 63
- Bridge Workshop/Gorakhpur Cantt: 35
- Mechanical Workshop/Izzatnagar: 151
- Diesel Shed/Izzatnagar: 60
- Carriage & Wagon/Izzatnagar: 64
- Carriage & Wagon/Lucknow Jn: 155
- Diesel Shed/Gonda: 90
- Carriage & Wagon/Varanasi: 75
The details of trade-wise slots with the break-up of reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/Other Backward Classes (OBC)/Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/Persons with Disabilities (PwD)/Ex-Servicemen & their wards are as under:
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 – Eligibility
- The minimum age requirement for candidates is 15 years, while the maximum age is 24 years.
- SC/ST candidates are eligible for a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
- OBC candidates are eligible for a relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit.
- PwD candidates are eligible for a maximum age relaxation of 10 years.
- Candidates should have already passed Class 10 with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates should possess an ITI (Industrial Training Institute) certificate in the notified trade.
|Note: The eligibility for PwD candidates for a particular trade will be governed by the guidelines set by the railway boards.|
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 – Selection Process
- Candidates for apprentice training will be based on a merit list which will be prepared by taking the average percentage marks obtained in both Class 10 and ITI examination.
- If a candidate’s merit position does not permit the allotment of their first choice, they will be allotted their subsequent choice.
- Candidates provisionally selected for document verification will be called for the process at Gorakhpur.
- The selected candidates will undergo apprentice training at the allotted division/unit.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 – Application Fee
- The application fee for general candidates is INR 100.
- Fee payment is exempted for women candidates, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 – Important Information
- Candidates called for document verification are not eligible for travelling/dearness allowances, lodging & food expenses.
- Engineering graduates and diploma holders cannot apply for apprenticeships.
- Selected candidates must sign a contract of apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act, 1961. If the candidate is a minor, their parent/guardian must sign the prescribed contract.
- If an applicant discontinues the apprenticeship training without valid reasons, they will have to reimburse the stipend, training costs, and other determined costs as per the administration’s rules.
- The candidature for training may be cancelled at any time if false declarations are discovered or if candidates fail to adhere to railway rules.
How to Apply for North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023:
Step 1 – Visit the official website at ner.indianrailways.gov.in.
Step 2 – Navigate to the ‘Contact Us/Recruitment’ tab.
Step 3 – Click on the ‘Recruitment’ and then the ‘RRC’ tab.
Step 4 – Navigate to the ‘Act Apprentice Training Notification’.
Step 5 – Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab.
Step 6 – Tick on the checklist and proceed further after reading the given instructions.
Step 7 – Choose the trade and fill out the application form.
Step 8 – Pay the application fee.
Step 9 – Click on the ‘Submit’ tab to end the application process.
|Note: To read the official notification regarding the North Eastern Railway apprentice posts, please click here.|
North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2023 – FAQs
Q1. Who decides the pay scale for railway apprentice posts?
The Directorate General of Training, Government of India decides the salary of the railway apprentice.
Q2. What is the stipend under the North Eastern Railway apprenticeship scheme for trade apprentices?
The stipend for the first year of apprenticeship is 70% of the minimum wage for semi-skilled workers, which increases to 80% in the second year and remains at 90% for the third and fourth years.
Q3. What is the duration of the apprentice program in North Eastern Railway?
The duration of the apprentice program in North Eastern Railway varies depending on the specific trade. Generally, the apprenticeship program can range from one year to four years.
Q4. What are the benefits of joining the North Eastern Railway apprentice program?
Apprentices have the opportunity to gain practical training in a specific trade which can be further enriched by learning from experienced professionals within the railway industry. Additionally, apprentices receive a stipend or allowance during the duration of their apprenticeship.
Q5. How can one get updates about the North Eastern Railway apprentice recruitment process?
Candidates can visit the official North Eastern Railway website and look for the ‘Recruitment’ or ‘Apprenticeship’ section for the latest notifications and updates.