New Delhi, 10 January, 2022: Recently, the Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) has directed all the schools in the state (including those affiliated to CBSE, CISCE, and UP Board) not to increase the school fee for the upcoming academic session, that is, 2022-2023. This decision has been taken after considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic situation. As a result of this decision, all the schools in Uttar Pradesh will be charging fees as per the 2019-20 session for the second consecutive year.
Note: Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) is a recognized board by the Ministry of Education.
Table of Contents
No Fee Hike in UP Schools in 2022: Details
- The schools will be allowed to charge fees as per the 2019-20 fee structure.
- Strict action will be taken against schools violating the order by increasing fees.
- The decision has been taken in the interest of parents to save them from any financial inconvenience.
- The government has also taken this decision in the interest of school teachers and other staff so that they can continue to receive their salaries.
UP Board Class 10 and 12: Exam and Other Details
- The UP government has announced winter vacation for students up to Class 8 from 31 December, 2021 to 15 January, 2022.
- UP schools have been closed for Class 10 and below till January 16, 2022, in view of the sudden spike in COVID-19 cases.
- The summer vacation for students will begin from 21 May and continue till 30 June, 2022.
- The Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP) is expected to conduct UP Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2022 after 10 March, 2022.
- Around 52 lakhs students have registered for the UP board examination 2022. Out of these, 28 lakhs students have registered for Class 10 board exams and 24 lakhs students have registered for Class 12 board exams.
- In Uttar Pradesh, a few secondary schools are governed by the Indian Council of School Education (ICSE) and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). At present there are more than 22,000 secondary schools recognized by the U.P. Board of High School and Intermediate Education.