New Delhi, 10 January 2022 – The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) is all set to begin the process of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – PG Counselling 2021 within this week after the Supreme Court gave a go-ahead for the same.
Commenting on the same, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya tweeted on Sunday, 9 Jan 2022 – “As assured by the Ministry of Health to the resident doctors, following the order of the honourable Supreme Court, the NEET-PG Counselling is being started by the Medical Counselling Committee from January 12, 2022. This will give more strength to the country in the fight against Corona. My best wishes to all the candidates.”
In the meanwhile, the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) has released the individual NEET PG scorecards 2021 today. Candidates can visit the official websites – nbe.edu.in and natboard.edu.in to download their NEET 2021 scorecards.
As per the official notice by the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences, dated 8 January 2022, “Individual score card for NEET-PG 2021 All India 50% quota seats will be available for download at NEET-PG website https://nbe.edu.in from 9th January 2022 onwards.”
To read the full notice, CLICK HERE
Table of Contents
NEET PG Counselling 2021 – Recent Events
- On Friday, 7 January 2022, the Supreme Court gave its nod to commence the stalled NEET 2021 counselling process based on the existing reservation policy of 27% for Other Backward Classes (OBC) and 10% for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in the All India Quota seats.
- After hearing the matter on the applicability of INR 8 lakh annual income criteria for determination of economically weaker section for 2 successive days, a bench of justices DY Chandrachud and AS Bopanna passed an interim order stating that “there is an urgent need to commence the process of counselling.”
- Clarifying that the court shall pass operative directions immediately and the detailed reasons soon after, the Bench said, “Counselling on the basis of NEET-PG 2021 and NEET- UG 2021 shall be conducted by giving effect to the reservation as provided by the notice dated July 29, 2021, including the 27 per cent reservation for the OBC (other backward class) category and 10 per cent reservation for EWS category in the AIQ (All India Quota) seats.”
NEET Counselling 2021 – Important Points
- Out of the total seats, 50% of postgraduate and 15% of undergraduate seats are filled under the All India Quota (AIQ).
- This year, NEET Counselling will have 27% seats reserved for OBC candidates and 10% seats reserved for EWS candidates.
- NEET counselling 2021 will be held in 4 rounds for AIQ seats in online mode – Round 1, Round 2, Mop Up Round, Stray Vacancy Round.
- NEET-PG 2021 candidates with scores at or above cut-off scores (mentioned below)* in their respective categories are eligible for participating in the counselling for All India 50% quota MD/MS/PG Diploma seats.
*Cut-off scores for All India 50% quota MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma Courses (2021 admission session) is as follows:
- UR/EWS (50th percentile) – 302
- OBC/SC/ST (including PWD) (40th percentile) – 265
- UR-PWD (45th percentile) – 283
- Candidates will have to register themselves at the official website – mcc.nic.in. After this, candidates will have to choose the college and course of their choice. Based on the performance in NEET and the college/course applied for, students will be offered various seats. If candidates get a college/course of their choice, they will have to submit the fee and get their documents verified to book a seat. Otherwise, they may even float the seat and wait for the next round.
Documents Required for NEET Counselling 2021
- Medical admission application form
- NEET admit card
- NEET rank card
- NEET score card
- Date of birth certificate
- Provisional seat allotment letter/call letter
- Caste certificate
- Prepaid fee receipt
- Class 10 and 12 marksheet
- Class 10 and 12 passing certificates
- Address proof (Aadhar card)
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Character certificate
- Family income proof
- 9 passport size photographs
- Medical fitness certificate
- Parents’ pan card
- Parents address and identity proof
DIRECT LINK – FINAL SCHEDULE FOR ONLINE PG COUNSELING (MD/ MS/ DIPLOMA/ PG DNB Courses) FOR NEET 50% AIQ/ 100% DEEMED/CENTRAL UNIVERSITIES/AFMS (only Registration Part) and 100% PG DNB SEATS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2021