Council of Architecture (CoA) issues the NATA admit card for Phase I and Phase II on its official webpage – nata.in. Candidates can download the admit card till the date of the examination. NATA exam is held twice a year and is divided into two parts –
- Part A – Drawing and Visual Composition (Computer-based- as per the latest notification)
- Part B – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General Aptitude (Computer-based)
Important Update – Due to COVID-19, CoA has revised the schedule for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2020, according to which both the parts of the test will be conducted online with Part B followed by Part A. Candidates can refer to the official NATA brochure HERE
As per the current notification by CoA, NATA 2020 exam for Phase I (July Session) will take place on August 29, 2020 and the admit card will be issued from August 24, 2020. In the wake of COVID-19 pandemic, the authority has also delayed the exam schedule of NATA Phase II (December Session) till further update.
Candidates can access the soft copy of NATA 2020 admit card by entering their application number and password (generated at the time of NATA registration) to login to the official website. Only registered candidates can proceed to download the NATA admit card online.
NATA hall ticket contains exam related instructions along with other details like exam date, time, test centre name and address etc. It is mandatory for the test takers to appear for the exam with a printed copy of the admit card and one original photo identity proof (Voter Card/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Driving Licence). Read this article to get comprehensive details about the NATA 2020 admit card.
NATA Admit Card – Highlights
Some key highlights pertaining to NATA 2020 admit card are as follows –
- CoA will issue separate admit cards for NATA Phase I (July) and Phase II (December).
- Each phase of NATA exam consists of two papers – Part A and Part B (both to be held on the same day in two sessions).
- Candidates must retain the printout of their admit cards until the admission process gets over.
- No candidate is permitted to sit inside the examination hall without carrying the NATA admit card along with an original ID proof.
- Biometric verification of the test takers is done before the commencement of exam.
- Latecomers shall not be allowed to appear for the NATA test.
- NATA 2020 Phase I exam will also be held as a remote-proctored test in online mode and candidates have a choice to either appear from their desired place or from a designated exam centre.
- Any discrepancy or error in the hall ticket must be fixed before the examination date.
- NATA admit card (if misplaced) can be re-printed online.
NATA Admit Card – Important Dates
CoA has released the Phase I (July) schedule of the NATA exam on its website while Phase II (December) exam dates are still pending. Candidates must refer to the below-given table to learn about NATA 2020 admit card release date.
Event Calendar for NATA Admit Card 2020
|Events||Schedule for Phase 1|
|Start of NATA Registration process||February 1, 2020|
|Closing of NATA Application window||August 12, 2020|
|Release of NATA 2020 Admit Card||August 24, 2020|
|NATA 2020 Exam Date||August 29, 2020|
Steps to Download NATA Admit Card
Candidates must follow the below given steps to download the hall ticket from the online portal of NATA:
Step 1 – Go to the official website of NATA – www.nata.in
Step 2 – Tap on the link ‘Download Admit Card for NATA 2020’
Step 3 – Enter your NATA application number and password to log into your registered account
Step 4 – NATA admit card will appear on the screen
Step 5 – Download the hall ticket and take at least 2-3 printouts for further use
Important Note: The authority facilitates the candidates to access NATA 2020 admit card till the examination date. However, it is recommended to download it well before the exam date to check your details printed on it.
NATA Admit Card – Details Printed
Candidates must necessarily check the details given in the hall ticket of NATA at the time of download. This will help them figure out any error or discrepancy in the hall ticket. Below-listed details are printed on the NATA Admit Card –
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Roll number
- Application number
- Exam centre name, code and address
- Exam date and timing
- Photograph and signature
- PwD status (if applicable)
- Exam-day instructions
Important Note – Candidates must be vigilant about their photograph and signature on the NATA 2020 admit card and ensure that it does not get damaged/mutilated/distorted/soiled by any chance. Those who produce the admit card with such mutilated or distorted photographs will be restricted from appearing for the NATA exam.
The below-given specimen image of NATA admit card illustrates the details mentioned on it:
NATA Admit Card – Exam Centres
Candidates can pick the test centre of their choice (in order of preference) while filling the NATA application form. The detailed list of NATA exam centres is mentioned below in tabular form –
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Jammu and Kashmir
|Bokaro Steel City|
|Chinchwad – Akurdi|
|Navi Mumbai – Nerul|
|Dubai (Outside India)||Dubai|
Important Note – This year, candidates have the choice to appear for the NATA exam from their desired location or they can also pick their choice of exam centre allotted by the Council. Candidates who apply from Dubai have to appear from the exam centre only. No second or third preferences of the test centres are valid in that case.
NATA Admit Card – Documents to Carry on Exam Day
As per CoA recommendations, test takers are mandatorily required to bring any of their original photo ID proofs while appearing for the NATA exam. Any of the below listed ID proofs are considered valid –
- PAN Card
- Voter Identity Card
- Driving License (Learner’s License is invalid)
- Aadhar Card
- Any photo ID card issued by Government
NATA Admit Card – Retrieving Login Credentials
Forgetting NATA application number/password is a common issue and hence, the authority provides the facility of retrieving the same online. Candidates can easily reset their application number/password by following below given steps –
- Visit to the website of NATA (nata.ac.in) and click on the login button
- Click on ‘Forgot application number or password?’ button
- Provide your basic information such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address
- Answer the security question that was chosen while filling the NATA application form
- You will receive your Application Number/Password on the registered mobile number and email ID
What if there is a discrepancy in NATA Admit Card 2020?
Candidates must carefully check their details in NATA 2020 admit card and connect with the concerned authority in case of any discrepancy. In such a case, remember that an immediate action is needed to stay away from any last minute hassle. The following list of errors could be rectified by the exam authority –
- If candidate’s name is wrongly written in the admit card (mismatch from application form)
- Blurred photograph unlike the one provided in the application form
- Inappropriate PwD/DA status
To get such errors fixed, candidates can get in touch with the concerned department with the help of below given contact details –
Email Support – firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Desk Numbers – +91 9319275557, +91 7303487773 (Working hours – 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M)
What if I fail to access NATA Admit Card 2020?
It is quite common to experience technical disruptions while downloading the NATA admit card. These errors may arise due to below given reasons –
- Internet connection error
- Incomplete application form
- Non-payment of NATA application fee
IIn case of server error, candidates should wait to get it resolved. Test-takers can switch to other networks in case of connectivity issue(s). In case of incomplete application form, the authority will not issue any admit card. For other issues, CoA suggests the applicants to seek immediate support from the authority. The contact details are as under –
Email Support – email@example.com
Help Desk Numbers – +91 9319275557, +91 7303487773 (Working hours – 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M)
NATA 2020 – Allowed & Restricted Documents/Items
Candidates should mandatorily bring certain documents while appearing for NATA exam else their entry inside the test centre will be barred. One of the main documents is NATA admit card or hall ticket that portrays the identity of the test takers. Apart from this, registrants must also carry one valid photo identity proof (one of the above-stated). Further, candidates must keep themselves abreast with the stuff that should or shouldn’t be taken inside the examination hall. These are listed below –
What to carry inside the exam hall?
- One or two printouts of NATA 2020 admit card
- Photo ID proof in original and photocopy
- One or two passport size photographs (colored recommended)
What not to carry inside the exam hall?
- Stationery items such as study material, bits of paper, pencil or geometry box, log table, calculator, scale, electronic pen, writing pad, pen drives, slide rulers, cardboard, water or oil colours, crayons, etc.
- Electronic or communication devices such as mobile phones, bluetooth devices, earphones, microphone, pager, digital watches, etc.
- Other stuff like purse, camera, wallet, goggles, handbags, etc.
- All other accessories that could be used for cheating like illicit activities inside the test centre.
NATA Admit Card – Exam -Day Guidelines
Exam-related instructions for the candidates appearing from their place of residence (remote-proctored test) or from the test centre are separately mentioned in NATA 2020 admit card. Let’s discuss about the same in detail –
Guidelines for NATA 2020 Remote Proctored Method
- Candidates will be given access to software that captures a 360 degree view of the room.
- Candidates have to abide by the instructions of the proctor assigned to them during the test duration.
- Candidates need to maintain the decorum inside the room that includes silence, proper attire, etc.
- Login credentials shall be given to the test takers that they need to access the test dashboard.
- No break or extra time is granted to the candidates in between the exam.
- Candidates are strictly restricted from browsing any other window/website/web application in the system during the examination hour.
- Even after the completion of the exam, candidates must remain seated inside the room till the examination time gets over.
- No calculator, mobile phones, book, paper, study material, notes etc. are allowed during the exam.
- The proctor may take necessary action against the candidates who are involved in any illicit activity like cheating, taking assistance or guidance, etc.
- Except diabetic people, no other candidates are allowed to eat anything during the exam.
- The proctor holds the power to disqualify the candidates owing to their malpractice or misbehaviour or negligence to the exam related guidelines.
Guidelines for NATA 2020 Exam from the Allotted Test Centre
- Candidates must reach the test centre 30 minutes before the exam timing for the purpose of biometric verification and other pre-exam formalities.
- Candidates must carry the NATA 2020 admit card, passport size photograph, and one valid photo identity proof, else the invigilator won’t allow them to appear for the exam.
- After biometric verification and other processes, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- Candidates must maintain decorum of the examination hall. Any disturbance or cross talk inside the test hall shall be deemed as misbehavior and may lead to disqualification.
- The test takers need to take the permission of Centre-in-Charge to leave the hall before the completion of exam.
- If a candidate is found involved in any malpractice or illicit or unfair activity, the concerned authority reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature or disqualify him/her permanently from appearing in the exam.
- The test takers should not bring paper sheets at the exam hall as they will be provided the same for any rough work.
- CoA has the right to ban any candidate from appearing in NATA exam for a period of one year in case of any illegal attempt.
NATA Admit Card – FAQs
✔️ How can I download the NATA 2020 admit card?
To download the NATA 2020 admit card, candidates must visit the official website (nata.ac.in), click on ‘Download NATA Admit Card’ link and enter their application number & password. It is advised to retain the printout of the admit card until the counselling and seat allotment process gets over.
✔️ What is the revised guideline of CoA for NATA 2020 exam?
As per the new CoA guidelines, NATA 2020 exam shall be conducted in online mode with Part B followed by Part A. Candidates can also choose to appear for the test from their desired place by opting for a remote proctored method. This step is taken in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
✔️ What are the required documents to appear for the NATA exam?
Candidates must carry a hard copy of NATA admit card along with one photograph and valid photo identity proof to get entry inside the examination hall.
✔️ How can I fix the technical error while downloading the NATA 2020 admit card?
Some technical glitches automatically get resolved. However, if the error still persists, candidates may connect with the concerned authority on email - firstname.lastname@example.org and help desk numbers - +91 9319275557, +91 7303487773 (Working hours - 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M).
✔️ What are the important details mentioned in the NATA 2020 admit card?
NATA admit card contains candidates’ name, date of birth, father’s name, roll number, application number, gender, exam centre name and address, exam date, time, photograph & signature, PwD status and exam- day guidelines.