New Delhi, September 14, 2022, Karnataka Police Recruitment: For the first time, the Karnataka government has announced reservation for ‘male third gender’ to recruit 79 constables belonging to the male third gender.
The total number of vacancies available under this recruitment is 3,484. The last date to apply for the constable posts is October 31, 2022. Interested candidates can apply for KSP Police Constable recruitment 2022 through the official website – ksp.karnataka.gov.in.
Note: As per Transgender activist Akkai Padmashali the term ‘male third gender’ might refer to transgender men who were assigned a female identity at birth but who got transformed into a male identity later.
Table of Contents
- Karnataka Police Recruitment – Post Distribution for Male Third Gender
- Karnataka Police Recruitment – Responses from Transgender Activist
- Karnataka Police Recruitment – Past Vacancies for Transgenders
- Karnataka Police Recruitment – Overview
- Karnataka Police Recruitment – Vacancies
- Karnataka Police Recruitment – Eligibility Criteria
- Karnataka Police Recruitment – Selection Process
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Karnataka Police Recruitment – Post Distribution for Male Third Gender
- Out of the total 3,484 vacancies, 420 posts have been reserved for candidates from the ‘Kalyana Karnataka’ region or the erstwhile Hyderabad-Karnataka region, with 11 of them for the ‘male third gender’.
- For the rest of Karnataka, recruitment will be held for 3,064 posts, out of which 68 are reserved for the ‘male transgender’.
Karnataka Police Recruitment – Responses from Transgender Activist
- Awardee Akkai Padmashali, a transgender and founder of the ‘Ondede’ organisation which works for transgenders’ welfare, stated that the decision to provide reservation to the male third gender is an act of mainstreaming the third gender.
- Padmashali also added that there is no third gender called the ‘Male Third Gender’.
- As per Padmashali, probably the Karnataka government is referring to the ‘female to male transformed transgender men’ through the term ‘Male Third Gender’
- Further, Padmashali pointed out that there is a need to understand various “cultural identities and diversity of existence” within the transgender community, such as ‘Jogappa’, ‘Marla’, ‘Jogta’, ‘Shakti’, and ‘Akka’ to understand the community better and set up a ‘Transgender Welfare Board’ to promote their well-being.
Karnataka Police Recruitment – Past Vacancies for Transgenders
- Earlier in 2021, Karnataka State Police released a notice for transgenders for the recruitment to the posts of ‘Special Reserve Sub-Inspector’ (KSRP and IRP) to local and residual cadre. This decision was a part of the Amendment of the Karnataka Civil Service (General Recruitment) Rules 1977 to promote gender equality. Transgender people will be alloted one percent of government jobs under this amendment.
- Again in February 2022, online applications were invited by Karnataka State Police for the posts of Police Sub-Inspector (KSISF) (men, women, and transgender).Note:
- In 2016, the Tamil Nadu government stated that transgenders could apply either as male, female or third gender. As per the TN government, those opting for “third gender” would be under the female category for educational qualifications, physical fitness, and reservation.
- However, when Prithika Yashini from Tamil Nadu became the first transgender person to be recruited as a Sub-Inspector in India, the third gender community formally started getting inducted into the police department.
- Prithika had to fight for her right by filing a petition with the Madras High Court after her application was rejected.
- She cited the Supreme Court judgement from 2014, which stated that transgenders should be recognised under the third gender category and should be allowed to apply for jobs or admission to educational institutions under the same.
Karnataka Police Recruitment – Overview
|Organisation name||Karnataka State Police|
|Post name||Armed Police Constable|
|Total number of posts||3,484|
|Application start date||September 19, 2022|
|Application ending date||
|Notification number||07/09 Recruitment – 4/ 2022-23|
|Salary||Rs. 23,500 to Rs. 47,650 per month|
Karnataka Police Recruitment – Vacancies
|Armed Police Constable (CAR/DAR) (General Male) in Karnataka||2,996|
|Armed Police Constable (CAR/DAR) (Male Third Gender) in Karnataka||68|
|Armed Police Constable (CAR/DAR) (General Male) in Kalyan Karnataka||279|
|Armed Police Constable (CAR/DAR) (Male Tertiary Gender)||08|
|Armed Police Constable (CAR/DAR) (General Male) (Bangalore City)||79|
|Armed Police Constable (CAR/DAR) (Male Tertiary Gender) (Bangalore City)||03|
|Armed Police Constable (CAR/DAR) (Regular Male)||51|
Karnataka Police Recruitment – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed Class 10 from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) board, the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) board, or other state boards.
- Candidates must have passed higher secondary education conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Candidates must have done Higher Education Level Course (KOS) conducted by Karnataka Board of Secondary Education Examination.
Karnataka Police Recruitment – Selection Process
- Written test
- Physical standard test
- Medical examination
- Endurance test
How to Apply for KSP Recruitment?
- Candidates are required to visit the official website.
- Then, they are required to check for the KSP Recruitment or Careers to which they wish to apply.
- Thereafter, they are required to fill in the application form and pay the application fee.
- After submitting the form, candidates are required to submit the form and download it for further reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will the online application start for Karnataka Police Constable Jobs 2022?
The online application for Karnataka Police Constable Jobs 2022 will start from September 19, 2022.
What is the last date to apply for Karnataka Police Constable Jobs 2022?
The last date to apply for Karnataka Police Constable Jobs 2022 is October 31, 2022.
What are the qualifications required to apply for KSP Armed Police Constable vacancies?
Class 10 & Class 12 are the essential qualifications that are required to apply for KSP Armed Police Constable vacancies.