Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will conduct the IPU CET 2020 for admissions to various UG, PG, and integrated programs offered in multifaceted disciplines like engineering, law, management, commerce, medical, etc. Earlier, the IPU CET was supposed to be conducted from April 25 to May 5, 2020. However, due to the COVID–19 pandemic, the entire examination process has been kept on hold. As per the recent update, candidates seeking admission to any of the courses in GGSIPU can register for the same up to June 10.
GGSIPU offers multiple courses including B.Tech, LLB, and MBBS, for which the admission is done on the basis of national level entrance exams. Aspirants qualifying the JEE Main will be eligible to apply for B.Tech programmes whereas candidates qualifying NEET will be eligible for M.B.B.S. For the purpose of M.Tech admissions, candidates qualifying both IPU CET as well as GATE are eligible.
The online IPU CET will have a total of 100 questions which have to be attempted within the time frame of 150 minutes. Read this article to know more details on IPU CET 2020.
IPU CET – Highlights
1. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has the responsibility to conduct the IPU CET 2020
2. Full form of IPU CET is IP University Common Entrance Test
3. Qualifying IPU CET will enable candidates to secure admission in the affiliated colleges/ institutions of GGSIPU
4. Candidates applying on the basis of National-level exam or IPU CET will also have to fill the application form to be marked eligible for admission process
5. English will be the only medium of the IPU CET question paper for all the courses (only IPU CET for B.Ed. may have Hindi along with English as the medium)
6. Every course offered by GGSIPU will have an associated CET code
IPU CET – Important Dates
As the IPU CET is conducted for multiple courses at UG as well as PG level, GGSIPU allotts exam dates based on the programme. However, the important dates for the submission of the application form and various other events may remain the same for all the courses. Candidates can find the schedule for all the events related to IPU CET 2020 below.
IPU CET Event Schedule 2020
|Release of online application form for IPU CET||March 3, 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||June 10, 2020|
|Edit window for application form||June 11 – June 13, 2020|
|Release of IPU CET admit card||To be notified|
|IPU CET exam dates||To be notified|
|Release of result||To be notified|
|Release of merit list for admission based on national level exams||To be notified|
|Start of the counselling process||To be notified|
*The table above for the IPU CET 2020 schedule will be updated as soon as the official notification rolls out
IPU CET – What are changes in IPU CET 2020 from the last year?
For the current academic year, GGSIPU has brought two major changes in the IPU CET examination process. Changes brought in the IPU CET 2020 are as follows.
1. Earlier, IPU CET used to be conducted in an offline mode which has now shifted to online mode.
2. IPU CET 2020 will have three different shifts on every single exam day. The examination shifts for IPU CET 2020 will be as follows:
|Shift||Time of the shift|
|First shift||8:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Second shift||12:30 pm to 3:00 pm|
|Third shift||5:00 pm to 7:30 pm|
IPU CET – Courses offered at GGSIPU
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University offers admission to various UG and PG courses. Candidates will get admission into the following programs based on the admission criteria as mentioned below:
Courses Offered by GGSIPU
|Name of Course||CET Code||Admission Test|
|MA (Mass Communication)||106||IPU CET|
|M.Sc. (Environment Management)||111||IPU CET|
|B.Tech./M.Tech. (Dual Degree) (Chemical Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech./M.Tech. (Dual Degree) (Biochemical Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech./M.Tech. (Dual Degree) (Information Technology)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech./M.Tech. (Dual Degree) (Computer Science and Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech./M.Tech. (Dual Degree) (Electronics and Communication Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Information Technology)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Mechanical and Automation Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Instrumentation and Control Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Tool Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech. (Mechatronics)||131||JEE Main Paper 1|
|B.Tech (Bio–Technology)||130||IPU CET|
|M.Tech (CSG)||139||GATE/IPU CET|
|M.Tech (EG)||140||GATE/IPU CET|
|M.Tech (TE)||147||GATE/IPU CET|
|M.Tech (BT)||148||GATE/IPU CET|
|M.Tech (NST)||149||GATE/IPU CET|
|M.Tech (EP)||150||GATE/IPU CET|
|M.Tech (CE)||152||GATE/IPU CET|
|M.Tech (R and A)||156||GATE/IPU CET|
|M.Tech (CSE) – Weekend||182||Based on the merit of the qualifying exam|
|M.Tech (ECE) – Weekend||183||Based on the merit of the qualifying exam|
|B.A. LL.B. and BBA LLB||121||CLAT UG|
|B.Sc. Nursing||115||IPU CET|
IPU CET – Course-wise Admission Criteria
Admission at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is done at UG and PG level. The criteria for admission to UG engineering courses is different than that of the PG level courses. Candidates can check the course wise admission criteria here.
For all B.Tech Courses (CET Code – 131)
All the candidates seeking admission to the B.Tech courses with the IPU CET code – 130 can secure their seat in GGSIPU affiliated colleges on the basis of their JEE Main Paper 1 scores.
For B.Tech Bio–Technology (CET Code – 130)
Candidates who wish to pursue B.Tech Biotechnology from the GGSIPU will have to fill the application form for IPU CET 2020 and further appear for the Common Entrance Test as per the schedule. GGSIPU doesn’t consider the score of any other entrance exam for granting admission into B.Tech Biotechnology.
For all M.Tech Courses (CET Code – 139, 140, 147, 148, 149, 150, 152 and 156)
For all the M.Tech regular programs, the priority is given to candidates applying with a valid GATE score. After the admission of GATE qualified candidates, the vacant seats (if available) are offered to CET qualified students via offline counselling.
For M.Tech Weekend Courses (CET Code – 182 and 183)
Candidates will be offered admission based on their score in the qualifying exam. There will be no common entrance test for admission to the weekend courses at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
For Integrated Law Courses – B.A. LL.B. and BBA LL.B (CET Code – 121)
Candidates seeking admission to the integrated law courses with the IPU CET code – 121 will be granted admission on the basis of their performance in CLAT-UG. GGSIPU will not conduct any university-level entrance exam for the law admissions at its constituent colleges.
For LL.M (CET Code – 112)
Similar to the integrated law courses, the admission into LL.M course (CET Code 112} will be done on the basis of CLAT PG. However, the counselling for LL.M admission at GGSIPU will be done by the university itself.
For BBA (CET code – 125)
Candidates aspiring for BBA from GGSIPU will have to appear for the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the university itself. After qualifying the IPU CET for CET code 125, candidates will have to appear for the counselling for the final admission.
IPU CET – Who all are eligible to fill the IPU CET 2020 Application Form?
Before filling the IPU CET application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria for the same. Candidates might face the rejection of candidature in later stages of the admission process if they are found ineligible. Check the IPU CET eligibility criteria as per the IPU CET information brochure here.
1. Age Limit – The upper and lower age limit for all UG and PG courses set by GGSIPU is as mentioned below:
Age Requirements for GGSIPU Admission
|Age Criteria||For all UG Courses||For all PG Courses|
|Lower Age Limit||18 Years||21 Years|
|Upper Age Limit||21 Years||35 Years|
2. Nationality – Candidate must be an Indian National to be eligible for admission.
3. Educational Qualification
For B.Tech Courses (CET Code – 131):
- Qualifying examination – Candidates completing 10+2 as per CBSE pattern or possessing equivalent education along with the minimum score of 55% in compulsory subjects are eligible for admission.
- Compulsory subjects – Candidates must attain the minimum aggregate of marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates must also pass in all the subjects separately including English.
For all M.Tech Courses
Candidates must qualify the graduation level exam and attain a B.Tech/B.E. degree in relevant disciplines or equivalent. Also, candidates must satisfy the minimum score requirements set by GGSIPU for the purpose of admission. To know the score requirement based on the course for admission, check out the table below.
Qualifying Exam Score
|CET Code||Course name||Minimum Score|
|156||M.Tech (R and A)||60%|
|182||M.Tech (CSE) – Weekend||60%|
|183||M.Tech (ECE) – Weekend||60%|
For LLB (CET Code – 121)
- Qualifying examination – Candidates must have passed 10+2 as per CBSE pattern or equivalent are eligible for admission to courses associated with CET code 121.
- Compulsory subjects – A total of four subjects are considered for the calculation of the minimum score in the qualifying examination. Candidates must have attained a minimum aggregate score in four subjects including English as one of them.
- Minimum score requirements – Scoring an aggregate of 50% marks in the compulsory subjects is required by the candidates.
For LLM (CET Code – 112)
- Qualifying examination – Candidates must hold a LLB degree for the enrollment as per BCI (Bar Council of India). Candidates who attain an LLB degree from a foreign university are also eligible.
- Minimum score requirements – Candidates must have passed in the qualifying examination with at least 55%.
For M.A in Mass Communication (CET Code – 106)
- Qualifying examination – Candidates must hold a graduation degree in any stream (Arts/Science/Commerce).
- Minimum score requirements – A minimum score of 50% must be secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination.
IPU CET – How can a candidate fill IPU CET 2020 Application Form?
Candidates will have to fill the online application form for IPU CET 2020. Filling the IPU CET application form is to be done within a specified date. Missing any deadline may lead to missing the chance of admission to GGSIPU. The detailed steps to fill the IPU CET application form are given below:
1. Visit the official website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and click on the button stating ‘Apply Now’
2. After clicking the ‘Apply Now’, enter the requisite details including mobile number, email ID and more
3. Candidates will receive the user name and password for future logins
4. Use the login credentials and fill in multiple details in the application form including exam category, eligibility details, personal details and qualification details
5. After filling the details, upload your photograph and signature. File size of the photograph and signature must not exceed 100 KB
6. After following the above steps, candidates will have to choose the course they want admission into.
7. Pay the requisite fee to mark the application form as complete
8. Candidates must download the confirmation page after the payment of application fee.
IPU CET Application Fee – Rs. 1200
Mode of Payment – Online
Click here to start your IPU CET Online Registration 2020.
IPU CET – Downloading IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will have to download the admit card for IPU CET 2020 as per the schedule. Downloading of IPU CET admit card can be done by visiting the official website, i.e. ipu.ac.in. There will be no other mode than online to download the IPU CET admit card. Candidates appearing for the IPU CET 2020 will have to carry a printed copy of the admit card at the examination centre. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card in hand along with a valid photo ID proof.
IPU CET admit card will contain basic and exam-related details of the applicants. The details mentioned on the admit card for IPU CET are verified on the examination day. Thus, the candidates must ensure that all the details on the IPU CET 2020 admit card are correct in all aspects.
IPU CET – Exam Centres
Candidates filling the application form will have to mark four choices of exam centres where they wish to appear for the IPU CET 2020. Candidates will be allotted an exam centre based on factors including the number of applications for a particular centre and the number of seats available at the exam centre. GGSIPU will try its best to allot the desired test centre to the candidates. Applicants will find their names alongwith with the complete address of the exam centre mentioned on the admit card.
Name of IPU CET Exam Cities
IPU CET – What is the exam pattern for IPU CET 2020?
Candidates aspiring for admission to GGSIPU will have to prepare for the exam as per the exam pattern prescribed by GGSIPU. Candidates can check the common test pattern of IPU CET 2020 for all the courses in the table below.
IPU CET Exam Pattern
|1||Mode of the exam||Computer Based Test|
|2||Duration of exam||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|3||Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|5||Number of options||4|
|6||Number of correct options||1|
|7||Number of questions||100|
|8||Marking scheme||+4 marks for correct responses, –1 for the incorrect response|
IPU CET 2020 Sectional Weightage for BCA
|English Language & Comprehension||60|
|General Knowledge (IT & Science Related)||100|
IPU CET 2020 Sectional Weightage for B.Ed
|Mental Ability & Reasoning||160|
|Aptitude for Teaching||80|
IPU CET 2020 Sectional Weightage for BBA
|Management and Communication Aptitude||100|
|Logical and Analytical Ability||100|
|English Language & Comprehension||100|
IPU CET 2020 Sectional Weightage for B.Com
IPU CET 2020 Sectional Weightage for B.Sc Nursing
|General Awareness about Health-related Matters||40|
|English Language & Comprehension||40|
IPU CET 2020 Sectional Weightage for M.Ed
|English/ Communication Skills||120|
|General Awareness & Logical Reasoning||120|
IPU CET 2020 Sectional Weightage for B.Tech (Biotechnology)
IPU CET – Syllabus
Candidates taking the IPU CET 2020 for the purpose of admission into B.Tech (Bio–Technology) will be asked questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Biotechnology. Candidates taking the IPU CET for M.Tech admission (weekend program) will have to answer questions from the subjects included in their graduation degree. Likewise, the syllabus of IPU CET 2020 will vary for each course. Candidates are recommended to plan their study in compliance with the specified IPU CET syllabus to register success in the exam.
IPU CET – How should a candidate prepare for IPU CET 2020?
Candidates appearing for the IPU CET 2020 must have a good level of preparation to qualify the exam. Having a good rank in IPU CET is necessary as the number of test–takers is huge for a limited number of seats. Candidates can prepare by following the below–mentioned preparation tips:
- Use the IPU CET syllabus and exam pattern to create a preparation strategy
- Manage time for studying as well as relaxing during the preparation process
- Gather the last years’ question papers and try attempting them one by one while keeping a time limit of 2.5 hours. Preparing from previous years’ question papers will be immensely helpful in gaining the practical knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus
- Stay hydrated and follow a healthy lifestyle during the preparation process
IPU CET – Checking the IPU CET 2020 Result
Candidates appearing for the IPU CET 2020 will be able to check the result for the same by visiting the official website. The result for IPU CET 2020 will only be released in an online mode. IPU CET 2020 result is released in the form of a PDF. After clicking the link of the IPU CET result PDF, candidates can perform the ‘control+f’ function and enter their roll number to check the result. Candidates will find multiple details in the result PDF including their name, roll number, rank, etc.
Candidates whose name appear in the result PDF will be eligible for the counselling process for admission into the affiliated colleges to GGSIPU
IPU CET – Merit List
As you already know, the admission to all the B.Tech courses (except Biotechnology) is done based on JEE Main 2020 score. Also, along with IPU CET, candidates can enrol into M.Tech courses based on their performance in GATE. For the purpose of GGSIPU admission on the basis of IPU CET exam, the university prepares a separate merit list to shortlist the candidates for the counselling process. All the candidates whose names appear in the merit list are eligible for the counselling and seat allotment process.
How will GGSIPU conduct IPU CET 2020 Counselling and Seat Allotment?
After the declaration of IPU CET result and merit list, candidates will have to participate in the counselling and the seat allotment process. IPU CET counselling for all B.Tech courses is done in an online mode. For the M.Tech counselling, GGSIPU conducts the offline counselling process. The online counselling and seat allotment are done in three rounds. The online counselling process for GGSIPU admission is as follows.
- Paying the counselling fee – First, the candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 1000 as the counselling participation fee. Candidates who will pay the counselling fee will be able to complete the counselling registration
- Filling of choices of courses and colleges
- Release of seat allotment list
- Reporting at allotted institute for document verification
Candidates who are allotted seats in any round will have to pay the part academic fee of Rs. 40,000 to freeze their allotted seat. Candidates who do not freeze the allotted seat will not be considered for the further rounds of seat allotment.
IPU CET – What is the reservation criteria at GGSIPU?
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University follows specific criteria for admission at the affiliated colleges of the university. Candidates can check the reservation criteria with the help of table below:
Reservation Criteria at IP University
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Delhi region candidates||85% of seats|
|Outside Delhi region candidates||15% of seats|
IPU CET – Fee Refund Policy
If a candidate wishes for the cancellation of admission, GGSIPU will refund the fee paid by him/her in accordance with the below explained four–tier refund policy:
Fee Refund Policy at GGSIPU
|Percentage of aggregate fee refund||Time of issuance of withdrawal by candidate|
|100%||15 days before the notified date of admission|
|80%||Not more than 15 days after the last notified date of admission|
|50%||More than 15 days but less than 30 days after the last notified date of admission|
|No refund||More than 30 days after the last notified date of admission|
The refund will include the course fee as well as the non–tuition fees. However, the caution money and the security deposit will not be considered for a refund.
IPU CET – Seats Available
Candidates filling the application form for IPU CET will be considered for admission into various affiliated institutes. Candidates can check the course–wise total number of seats available at affiliated colleges of GGSIPU from the table below.
Seats Available for Courses Offered by GGSIPU
|CET Code||Number of Seats|
|CET Code – 131||7375|
|CET Code – 139||111|
|CET Code – 140||97|
|CET Code – 156||18|
|CET Code – 152||30|
|CET Code – 148||10|
|CET Code – 149||15|
|CET Code – 150||18|
|CET Code – 147||18|
|CET Code – 130||45|
|CET Code – 182||60|
|CET Code – 183||60|
|CET Code – 100||400|
|CET Code – 103||500|
|CET Code – 153||100|
|CET Code – 113||60|
IPU CET – Participating Institutes
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has a large number of colleges affiliated to it. Candidates participating in the IPU CET admission process shall be considered for admission into these very affiliated institutes. Candidates can check some of the colleges offering B.Tech and M.Tech admissions under the affiliation of GGSIPU below:
- Bhagwan Mahaveer College of Engineering and Management
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering
- Delhi Institute of Technology and Management
- Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering
- University School of Biotechnology
- Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute Technology
- JIMS Engineering Management Technical Campus
- Delhi Technical Campus
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Govt. Engineering College
IPU CET – FAQs
✔️ Who will conduct the IPU CET 2020?
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University conducts IPU CET every year.
✔️ What is the mode used for filling the IPU CET application form?
Candidates will be able to fill the IPU CET application form in an online mode only.
✔️ What is the mode for the conduct of IPU CET 2020?
Online. GGSIPU has changed the mode of IPU CET from offline to online from the academic year of 2020-21.
✔️ When will GGSIPU conduct the IPU CET 2020?
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University had to conduct the IPU CET in the month of April. However, due to COVID–19 pandemic, the exam date has been postponed until further notice.
✔️ Is there any negative marking in IPU CET 2020?
Yes, a negative marking of 1 mark is applicable for every incorrect response in IPU CET.
✔️ What is the admission criteria for B.Tech courses at GGSIPU?
Admission to all B.Tech courses (except B.Tech Biotechnology) at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will be done on the basis of JEE Main paper 1 scores of the candidates.
✔️ I have qualified GATE 2020. Do I still need to appear for IPU CET for M.Tech admission?
No. The candidates who have qualified GATE 2020 need to only fill the IPU CET application form to participate in the admission process. Admission to M.Tech courses is done on the basis of GATE score first, and then the IPU CET qualifiers are considered for admission.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on IPU CET 2020.