New Delhi, 9 December 2021 – The Delhi Chief Minister and the current President of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Arvind Kejriwal, has announced that if they are chosen to form the government in Punjab, AAP will fund free education for SC students. All scheduled caste (SC) students wishing to complete their graduation or post graduation from abroad will be funded by the Aam Aadmi Party, noted Kejriwal.
Talking at ‘Kejriwal’s Dialogue with Scheduled Caste Community’, the party president stated, “If voted to power, our government in Punjab will fund education of SC students who will be willing to complete their graduation or post-graduation abroad … We shall improve schools … If your son wants to become an IAS officer, I shall be there to help you. I shall be there as your family member for all your important tasks and troubles”.
Free Education and Other Guarantees Made by Kejriwal
The Delhi CM announced that he has five guarantees for the SC community and general public in Punjab. These will be carried forward once the AAP government comes to power in the state.
The five guarantees include:
- Free abroad education will be given to all SC students of Punjab. If students want to complete their graduation or post graduation abroad, the AAP government will take care of all their educational expenses.
- Free coaching will be given to SC community children in Punjab. If a child wants coaching for engineering, medical, railway, IAS, or any other paper, his/her entire fee will be borne by the government.
- The AAP-run state government will also bear medical expenses for all members of an SC family and will fund full treatment of all diseases.
- Each woman above 18 years of age, belonging to Punjab, will get INR 1,000 per month as pension. This aid will be given to all women irrespective of their category or caste.
- The school education system in Punjab will be improved, so that more people can get quality education by studying in state-run government schools.
Guarantees Will Be Followed Once AAP Comes into Power
Kejriwal stated that all of these guarantees will be followed once AAP is chosen to run the Punjab government. He asked the people gathered in the Hoshiarpur district of Punjab to vote for the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and give them a chance. He followed this by saying the people have given many chances to political parties like Congress and the Shiromani Akali Dal, and that it is time for them to give a chance to AAP.