New Delhi, 27 October, 2021: The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has announced that the academic session for freshers in engineering colleges and other technical institutions across the country will begin from November 30. The classes for existing students of technical institutions have already commenced on October 1.
AICTE’s Latest Announcements
1. As per the revised academic calendar, the induction programme for first-year students will be held on November 15 and the classes will commence from November 30.
2. The revised academic schedule is not applicable to the institutions who have already completed the admission process and started the classes as per the earlier schedule. However, if such institutes admit new students against vacancies, the revised schedule of cancellation and fee refund will be applicable.
3. The last date for cancellation of seats for technical courses with full refund has been extended up to November 25. New students can take lateral entry admission to second-year courses till October 30, as per the calendar.
- All the AICTE approved institutions/Universities are requested to follow AICTE/UGC guidelines on examinations issued from time to time in view of pandemic.
- The classes may be started in online/offline (Classroom) or blended mode (online as well as offline) following the prescribed protocols/guidelines related to pandemic.
- The academic calendar may change subject to conditions existing due to pandemic and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health/Ministry of Home/Ministry of Education from time to time.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE OFFICIAL DOCUMENT
AICTE : Aims and Objectives
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was set up in November 1945 as a national-level apex advisory body to conduct a survey on the facilities available for technical education and to promote development in the country in an integrated manner.
Some of the other crucial objectives of AICTE are as follows:
- Quality assurance through accreditation
- Funding in priority areas, monitoring, and evaluation
- Maintaining parity of certification & awards
- Management of technical education in the country
- Promotion of quality in technical education
- Planning and coordinated development technical education system.
- Regulations and maintenance of norms and standards.
For more updates related to education, please visit Buddy4Study.