New Delhi, 21 September 2022, DUET PG 2022: The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) for PG courses from 17 October 2022. The entrance exam will be conducted through Computer-Based Test (CBT) mode.
The Delhi University (DU) closed the online applications for PG courses on 30 June 2022 and commenced the application process for UG courses for students who have cleared the Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET) UG 2022.
The Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET) has been introduced as a single window exam for admission to central universities and other participating universities. The University of Delhi will use the Central Universities Entrance Test (CUET) for only UG admissions and the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) for PG courses.
Table of Contents
- DUET PG 2022 – Important Dates
- DUET PG 2022 – Eligibility
- DUET PG 2022 – Exam Pattern
- DUET PG 2022 – Syllabus
DUET PG 2022 – Important Dates
The candidates can check the PG entrance exam schedule on the Delhi University website. As per the official notification, the PG entrance exam will begin from 17 October 2022 till 21 October 2022.
The candidates are further advised to read the important dates regarding the DUET PG 2022 exam:
|Notification of Online Application||1 March 2022|
|Availability of Online Application Forms||6 April 2022|
|Last Date of Application Form||15 July 2022|
|Postgraduate Entrance Exam Date||17 October 2022|
|Postgraduate Entrance Exam Result||November 2022|
DUET PG 2022 – Eligibility
- Candidates belonging to the general category are required to secure 50% marks in graduation. However, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories must obtain 40% marks in aggregate to get admission in postgraduate courses.
- Candidates are required to get 60% qualifying marks in degree courses with Mathematical Science as the main subject for MCA courses.
- To get admission in M. Com, candidates belonging to the general category must get 50% marks, while candidates from the Other Backward Classes (OBC) category must secure at least 45% marks in graduation.
Candidates can check the detailed DUET PG exam 2022 course-wise eligibility criteria from the table given below:
|General Courses||Educational Qualification|
|Master of Physical Education||
|MA Social Work||
|MA Political Science||
DUET PG 2022 – Exam Pattern
- The postgraduate entrance exam will be held in two slots: morning and evening.
- The question paper will be objective-type.
- The exam will be for a duration of 2 hours.
- There is a negative marking rule of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- For every correct answer 4 marks will be awarded.
DUET PG 2022 – Syllabus
The syllabus for the PG entrance test is as per the corresponding syllabus of B.Sc./B.Com/B.A. courses of the University.
- M.A. (Hons) syllabus: The question paper will consist of 150 questions of 600 marks based on the following topics.
- General mental ability
- General awareness
- Basic knowledge of plants and animals
- Numerical ability
- Environment and its pollution
- Natural resources of industry
- Human body, human health
- Common diseases
- Solar system
- Climate and weather
- M.A. in East Asian Studies syllabus: The question paper will consist of 150 questions of 600 marks based on the following topics.
- General knowledge and current affairs
- Knowledge of East Asia
- Aspects of grammar, Kanji language, vocabulary and expressions
- M.A./M.Sc. syllabus: The question paper will consist of 200 questions of 800 marks based on the following topics.
- Profit and loss
- Number series
- Quadratic equations
- Compound Interest
- Simple Interest
- Direction test
- Alphanumeric series
- Monotonic functions
- Types of discontinuity
- Finite differences
- Spline interpolation
- Numerical integration
- Numerical solutions of ODEs using Picard
- M.A. (Pol. Sc.) Syllabus: The question paper will consist of 200 questions of 800 marks based on the following topics.
- Debates in political theory
- Politics in India
- Administrative theory
- Interpreting modern India
- Democracy and political institutions
- Ethics and politics
- Critical traditions
- Political theory
- Modern state in comparative perspective
- social movements and revolutions
- parties, elections and political process in India
How to Download the Admit Card of DUET PG 2022 exam?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to download the admit card for DUET PG exam 2022:
Step 1 – Visit the official website – du.ac.in.
Step 2 – Navigate to the ‘DUET PG admit card’ tab on the home page.
Step 3 – Fill in the login details.
Step 4 – Click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
Step 5 – Download the admit card for future reference.
Note: For other additional information regarding admit card, time slot and other details, please click here.
What is the DUET PG admit card 2022 releasing date?
The University of Delhi will release admit cards for DUET PG 2022 exam on 1 October 2022.
When will the DUET PG 2022 result be declared?
The University of Delhi will release the DUET PG entrance exam result in November 2022.
When will the DUET PG entrance exam 2022 be conducted?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET) for PG courses from 17 October 2022 onwards.