On August 31, 2022, the Delhi government launched an innovative educational program that aims to provide access to online learning possibilities to millions of students across the country. The Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS) is the first cyber school established for students who, in the post-pandemic era, find it difficult to physically attend classes on a daily basis.
- Students in Class 9 to 12 are eligible to take admission in DMVS.
- The classes will be conducted through an exclusive schooling platform built by SchoolNet and Google.
- Students in Class11 and 12 will receive online coaching for competitive exams, including the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) and the National Eligibility Entrance Examination (NEET).
Table of Contents
- What is a Virtual School?
- What is Delhi Model Virtual School?
- Delhi Model Virtual School – Key Features
- How to Apply for Delhi Model Virtual School?
What is a Virtual School?
- Virtual school is a general term used for online education offered to students in accordance with the school curriculum.
- Through a virtual school, students can participate in classes or live lectures, as well as take computer-based exams or other evaluation tests.
- Through online classes, those who are unable to attend school can get a flexible and high-quality education alternative that is accessible to all.
What is Delhi Model Virtual School?
- Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS) is India’s first virtual school launched in Delhi that combines traditional schools’ components with adaptable digital connection.
- The students connect with teachers on the DMVS learning platforms through live classes, tutorials in groups, and one-on-one mentoring for academic and personal support.
- The ability for students to interact with classes and learning materials at their own pace is a key feature of DMVS.
- The live classes are recorded for later use; it enables students to pursue a high-quality education while still pursuing their passions, such as music, athletics, or part-or full-time employment.
Delhi Model Virtual School – Key Features
- The DMVS students can communicate live with teachers from any location as the learning platform is easy to access and adaptive to the needs of the students. The students are provided with learning materials designed as per their needs.
- In DMVS, students can take exams based on their ideas rather than a specific course syllabus. As a result, students may choose to study a particular subject and then take an online test when they are ready.
- Students can enhance their competence and skills by enrolling in one of the many professional courses offered by DMVS. The school will provide additional support to prepare them for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) and the National Eligibility Entrance Examination (NEET).
Note: Applicants from outside of Delhi must visit Delhi’s exam centres to appear for end-of-term exams.
How to Apply for Delhi Model Virtual School?
Admissions for Class 9 at Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS) have begun for the academic year 2022-23.
Follow the steps mentioned below to apply for DMVS Class 9 admission 2022:
Step 1: Visit the official website – dmvs.ac.in.
Step 2: Click on ‘Apply Now’ to register.
Step 3: Fill in the required details.
Step 4: Enter the verification code.
Step 5: Click on ‘Submit’.
- Candidates can only submit one application at a time.
- Candidates may fill the application form in English or Hindi.
Q1. What subjects will be taught to the students of Delhi Model Virtual School?
DMVS offers 6 foundational subjects for Class 9: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and Computer Science, with diverse options of enrichment courses.
Q2. What is the fee structure of Delhi Model Virtual School?
The school will not charge the students any fees.
Q3. What is the eligibility criteria for applying to Delhi Model Virtual School?
For admission to Class 9, students must be between 13 and18 years of age at the time of enrollment. The student should have passed Class 8 from a recognized school and must have the mark sheet for the verification process.