New Delhi, 5 August 2022 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) has postponed the CUET UG exam 2022 from 4 August to 12 August 2022 due to a technical glitch. The CUET Shift 2 exam that was scheduled for August 4 (from 3 pm to 6:45 pm) was cancelled in 29 cities due to technical reasons and will now be held from 12 August to 14 August.
— Education Reporter (@EducationRepor2) August 4, 2022
Note: NTA has issued a fresh notification on its website to clarify the development. Candidates can read that by visiting nta.ac.in.
CUET UG Exam 2022 – Overview
|Exam Name||CUET UG Exam 2022|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Original Exam Date for CUET UG August Session||August 4, 2022|
|Revised Exam Date for CUET UG August Session||Between 12 August and 14 August|
|Reason for Postponement||Technical glitch at several centres|
CUET UG Exam 2022 Postponement – Details
- The CUET UG exam that was scheduled for August 4 (from 3 pm to 6:45 pm) is now postponed in various centres across 17 cities of India.
- This was done due to administrative and technical reasons, as NTA received various reports of technical glitches and administrative issues from the observers and city coordinators active during the exam.
- After this, the agency issued a notice on the official website – nta.ac.in – to announce the postponement of the CUET exam.
- The exam will now be conducted between August 12 to 14, 2022.
- As per NTA, the admit cards for the entrance exam will also be released for the revised dates soon.
- The revised CUET admit card will provide the new date on which the exam would be held. The exam centres will most likely be the same as before.
- NTA has also noted that the candidates who are not comfortable to appear for the re-exam between 12 and 14 August 2022 can make a special request to change the exam date.
- This can be done by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the email, the candidates need to mention their desired exam dates and roll numbers.
CUET UG Exam 2022 Postponement – Exam City Info
Here are the states and the cities where the CUET UG exam was cancelled and then postponed:
|State||CUET UG Exam City|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Namsai and Pasighat|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Giridih, Jamshedpur, and Ramgarh|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Raigad, Satara, and Wardha|
|Tamil Nadu||Coimbatore, Dindigul, Tiruvarur, Viluppuram, Virudhunagar|
|Uttar Pradesh||Noida, Varanasi|
- To read the complete CUET UG paper analysis – Click Here!
- To know more about CUET UG mock test papers – Click Here!
When will the CUET UG exam be held now?
The postponed exam will now be held between 12 August to 14 August 2022.
Will the postponed CUET UG 2022 exam be tough?
As per the existing CUET UG exam reports by students, the paper is considered easy to moderate. However, domain-specific subjects might be moderate to hard.
Will the CUET UG exam be based on mock tests?
Several students have noted that the exam was based on CUET mock test papers. However, many have also noted that the exam was easier than the mock tests. Thus, students should prepare from the mock test papers as much as they can.