The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is likely to release the CTET 2020 admit cards in a few days time. Although the governing body of the exam has not announced the official date of release of the CTET 2020 admit card, the admit card for this particular exam is released 2 weeks prior to the exam date. The CTET 2020 exam is scheduled to be conducted on 31st January 2021. Thus, candidates can expect the CTET 2020 admit cards to be released anytime between 17th January and 24th January 2021.
The CTET exam was previously scheduled to be conducted on 5th July 2020 but was postponed till further notice amidst the COVID- 19 pandemic. On 4th November 2020, CBSE issued a notice announcing that the exam will now be held on 31st November. Further, the authorities reopened the application correction window from 17th November to 26th November 2020 for students to fill the preferred choices of exam centres.
CTET or Central Teacher Eligibility Test is a national-level entrance examination for aspiring primary education teachers. The CTET exam involves 2 different papers – Paper-I and Paper-II. Eligible candidates who plan to teach classes 1 to 5 must appear for Paper- I, and aspirants who wish to teach classes 6 to 8 must appear for Paper- II. Also, those candidates who plan to teach classes 1 to 8, must also apply for both Paper- I and Paper- II.
More than 30 lakh candidates are expected to appear for the CTET 2020 exam. The exam was previously scheduled to be conducted in 112 cities but due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the authorities have notified that 23 more cities will be added for the CTET 2020 exam. Thus, CTET 2020 will now be held in 135 cities across India.
Table of Contents
CTET 2020 – How to Download the Admit card?
Eligible candidates must follow the steps given below to download the CTET 2020 admit cards (once released):
- Visit the official website of CTET 2020 – ctet.nic.in
- Search for the ‘CTET 2020 July Admit Card’ new link which will be available under the ‘Current Events’ Section (will be released soon)
- Candidates must enter login credentials such as registration number and date of birth/password
- Click on the ‘SUBMIT’ tab
- The admit card of the candidate will be displayed on the screen
- Download the admit card and take a few printouts for further reference
Given below is a sample admit card for reference
Details Mentioned in CTET 2020 Admit Card
- Candidate’s name
- Course name
- Exam date
- Exam time
- Roll number
- Date of birth
- Exam centre address
- Candidate’s signature
- Candidate’s photograph
Note- Candidates must carry any one of the following identity cards to the exam centre along with the CTET 2020 admit card- Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter ID, Driving license or Passport.
CTET 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
For Paper- I
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in Senior Secondary or equivalent examination
- Candidate must be appearing or must have passed the final year 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
appearing in the final year of 4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI/B.Ed)
appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
Graduation along with appearing or passed in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
For Paper- I
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in Senior Secondary or equivalent examination and appearing/passed the final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.ED)
appearing in the final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed
Graduation and appearing in the 1-year B.Ed (Special Education)
Graduation with 45% marks and appearing in the 1-year Bachelors in Education
Graduation along with appearing or passed in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
|1.||Explore Scholarships for Class 12 Passed Students|
|2.||Check Out Scholarships for Class 10 passed Students|
|3.||Know About Scholarships for Engineering Students|
|4.||Explore Scholarships for Graduation Students|
|5.||Know About Scholarships for Postgraduation Students|
|6.||Check Out Live Scholarships|