New Delhi, 7 September 2022, BPSC AE 2022: The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has released the schedule for the Assistant Engineer (AE) recruitment exam. Previously, the exams were postponed due to municipal elections, but the recruitment board has issued new dates.
As per the notification released on the official website – www.bpsc.bih.nic.in, the Assistant Engineer recruitment exam will be held on 10 November 2022. The exam is conducted for multiple branches, including Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
Table of Contents
- BPSC AE 2022 – Vacancy
- BPSC AE 2022 – Important Dates
- BPSC AE 2022 – Eligibility
- BPSC AE 2022 – Exam Pattern
- BPSC AE 2022 – Syllabus
- BPSC AE 2022 – Application Fee
- BPSC AE 2022 – Salary
- How to Download the Admit Card of BPSC AE 2022?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q.1 How to download the admit card of BPSC AE exam?
- Q2. How many attempts are there for BPSC Exam?
- Q3. What is the salary of BPSC AE officer?
BPSC AE 2022 – Vacancy
The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) will fill 286 vacant posts in multiple divisions, including Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering in the Urban Development and Housing Department of Bihar.
Candidates can check division-wise vacancies from the table given below:
|Assistant Mechanical Engineer||02|
|Assistant Chemical Engineer||61|
BPSC AE 2022 – Important Dates
The candidates must submit their applications on the Bihar Public Service Commission website within the allotted time frame, which is till 11 November 2022. After the submission of applications, the recruitment board will conduct offline exams to select candidates for the relevant positions.
The applicants are advised to read the important dates regarding BPSC AE recruitment 2022:
|Online Application Date||4 May 2020|
|Admit Card||October 2022|
|Exam Date||10 November 2022|
|Result Date||To be notified|
BPSC AE 2022 – Eligibility
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Candidates must be graduated in any discipline of Engineering.
- Candidates must not be more than 21 years of age.
- Candidates must have a basic knowledge of computer applications.
Candidates can check category-wise age relaxation from the table given below:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||5 years|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||10 years|
BPSC AE 2022 – Exam Pattern
- The paper will be of the objective type.
- There will be 1 hour for each subject.
- Candidates must secure 30% marks to qualify for the General English and General Hindi exams.
- There will be a negative marking rule of 0.25% marks for each wrong answer.
Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern from the table given below:
|General English||100||1 hour|
|General Engineering Science||100||1 hour|
|General Studies||100||1 hour|
|General Hindi||100||1 hour|
|Mechanical Engineering – 1||100||1 hour|
|Mechanical Engineering – 2||100||1 hour|
|Civil Engineering – 1||100||1 hour|
|Civil Engineering – 2||100||1 hour|
|Electrical Engineering – 1||100||1 hour|
|Electrical Engineering – 2||100||1 hour|
BPSC AE 2022 – Syllabus
Candidates can check the Assistant Engineer exam syllabus from the information given below:
|General Engineering Science||
|Mechanical Engineering – 1||
|Mechanical Engineering – 2||
|Civil Engineering – 1||
|Civil Engineering – 2||
|Electrical Engineering – 1||
|Electrical Engineering – 2||
BPSC AE 2022 – Application Fee
- The application fee for General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates is INR 750.
- Candidates who fall under the category of Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) will have to pay INR 200 as the application fee.
BPSC AE 2022 – Salary
- The in-hand salary of the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Assistant Engineer (AE) post is up to INR 70,468 per month.
- Apart from the in-hand salary, candidates are also entitled to receive other benefits such as dearness allowance, travel allowance, medical allowance, and house rent allowance.
How to Download the Admit Card of BPSC AE 2022?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to download the admit card of the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Assistant Engineer (AE) recruitment exam 2022:
Step 1 – Visit the official website: www.bpsc.bih.nic.in.
Step 2 – Navigate to the “BPSC AE admit card” link.
Step 3 – Enter the login details.
Step 4 – Click on the “Download” tab to save the admit card for future reference.
Note – To read the official notification regarding the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Assistant Engineer (AE) recruitment exam 2022, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 How to download the admit card of BPSC AE exam?
Eligible candidates can download the admit card of Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Assistant Engineer exam by visiting the official website – www.bpsc.bih.nic.in.
Q2. How many attempts are there for BPSC Exam?
There are a total of 3 attempts to give the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Assistant Engineer exam.
Q3. What is the salary of BPSC AE officer?
The in-hand salary of the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Assistant Engineer (AE) post is up to INR 70,468 per month.