New Delhi, 08 September 2022:The National Law University (NLU) has started the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2023) registration process for admission to Bachelor of Arts – Bachelor of Legislative Law (B.A.LL.B.) (Hons.), Latin Legum Magister (LLM) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes for the academic year 2023-24.
Candidates can apply for the exam online through NLU’s official website: nludelhi.ac.in. There are a total of 83 seats available for B.A.LL.B (Hons) course, whereas for LL.M and Ph.D. programmes, there are 10 and 50 seats available, respectively.
According to the notice posted on the official website – nludelhi.ac.in – the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) exam will be conducted on 11 December 2022 from 11 AM to 12:30 PM. The candidates who qualify the AILET exam will be eligible to apply for the admission in National Law University, Delhi.
Table of Contents
- AILET 2023 – Important Dates
- AILET 2023 – Eligibility
- AILET 2023 – Exam Pattern
- AILET 2023 – Syllabus
- AILET 2023 – Admit Card
- AILET 2023 – Counseling Process
AILET 2023 – Important Dates
To apply for the AILET exam, candidates must submit their applications on the National Law University Website. The admit card will be issued to candidates on 22 November 2022.
The candidates are advised to read the important dates regarding AILET exam:
|Notification of Online Application||30 August 2022|
|Availability of Online Application Forms||07 September 2022|
|Last Date of Application Form||15 November 2022|
|Issue of Admit Card||22 November 2022|
|Date of Exam||11 December 2022|
AILET 2023 – Eligibility
- Candidates should have obtained the minimum qualifying marks and certificate as relevant for the courses.
- Candidates applying under a reserved category should have a certificate issued by the higher authority.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for the AILET exam.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category will be granted relaxation of 5% marks in the examination.
The candidates can check the complete details regarding the eligibility criteria for B.A.LL.B. (Hons), LL.M. and Ph.D. courses.
Note: For detailed eligibility criteria, please click here.
AILET 2023 – Exam Pattern
- The AILET exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- There will be 150 questions for 1 mark each.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
- If two or more candidates get the same marks, their merit will be determined on the basis of higher marks in the section on logical reasoning.
B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) Programme: The question paper will be divided into three sections namely: English Language, Logical Reasoning, and Current Affairs & General Knowledge.
- Section A of English Language will include 50 questions of 50 marks.
- Section B of Current Affairs & General Knowledge will include 30 questions of 30 marks.
- Section C of Logical Reasoning will include 70 questions of 70 marks.
LL.M Programme: The question paper will be divided into two sections namely: Section A and Section B.
- Section A will include two parts of 75 marks.
- Section B will include 10 questions based on branches of law.
Ph.D. Programme: The question paper will be divided into two sections namely: Section A and Section B.
- Section A will include 50 multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- Section B will include 3 questions. Candidates have to answer 1 question out of 3 questions. (1 question; 50 marks)
Note: The National Law University Delhi (NLU) has deleted two components from the AILET exam pattern, including Elementary Mathematics and Legal Aptitude. As a result, the AILET exam will be divided into three sections: English Language, Logical Reasoning, and Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
AILET 2023 – Syllabus
The AILET exam will be conducted in offline mode. The syllabus is formulated to test the technical understanding, legal knowledge, and legal reasoning of the candidates.
Candidates can check the AILET syllabus from the information given below:
|Current Affairs & General Knowledge||
The syllabus of LL.M includes following topics:
- Law of Torts
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Law of Torts
- Law of Contracts
- International Law
- Property Law
- Intellectual Property Law
Note: The Family Law section in AILET syllabus includes domestic partnership, marriage, surrogacy, child custody and juvenile laws, and criminal law section of AILET syllabus includes threatening, harmful, health, safety, and moral welfare of people.
How to Apply for the AILET 2023 Exam?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for AILET exam:
Step 1 – Visit the official website’s registration page – nludelhi.ac.in.
Step 2 – Navigate to the ‘Register’ tab.
Step 3 – Add relevant information and click on the ‘Register’ tab.
Step 4 – Fill the registration form by adding relevant details.
- Date of birth
- Mobile number (to be verified through OTP)
- Email ID (to be verified through OTP)
- Aadhaar number
- Information about the board
- Recent photograph and signature in JPEG format.
Step 5 – After successful registration, navigate to the ‘Save & Next’ tab.
Step 6 – You will receive a registration number and password.
Step 7 – Log in with your registration number and password to complete your registration process.
Step 8 – Choose the course you want to apply to.
Step 9 – Click on the ‘Save and Continue’ tab.
Step 10 – Click on the ‘Payment Process’ tab.
Step 11 – After the completion of the payment, click on the ‘Download Application’.
AILET 2023 – Admit Card
The National Law University (NLU) will release the admit card of the AILET exam before the exam date, that is, 22 November 2022. The admit card will be issued to candidates after successful completion of application form.
The admit card will contain following details:
- Roll number
- Date of the exam
- Time of the exam
- Center of the exam
- Signature of candidate
AILET 2023 – Counseling Process
The counseling will be the final stage of the admissions process. The candidates will be able to participate in the offline counseling process that will start in the first week of August 2023.
Those who pass the exam will be able to participate in the counseling process. The authority would perform the counseling procedure in multiple rounds depending upon the availability of seats.
Candidates must carry the following documents while counseling process:
- Class 10 & 12 mark sheet
- AILET scorecard
- Admit card
- AILET admission letter
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Demand draft
- Passport size photographs
For detailed information regarding AILET 2023 exam vacancies, eligibility and other details, please click here.
What is the application fee for AILET 2023 exam?
The application fee for General category and Kashmiri migrant students is INR 3050 and for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Person with Disability category students, the application fee is INR 1050.
What is the AILET 2023 counseling fee?
The AILET counseling fee is Rs 50,000.
What is the date of application form for AILET 2023 exam?
The online registration for the AILET exam has started on 07 September 2022.